PDA

View Full Version : 1990 's ?

grainbear
06-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Just looking at the selection for Under 18 for Team Canada , caused me to reflect on the 1990 we have in the system. Only one who got any playing time because of the roster was Bobbee. We do have a few on the fence , that we have not traded away, but similarly to the situation a year of two ago when we had no 1988 we seem to have a 1 year gap. Yes , there is Iwanski, Pillar, Murray and Frederickson who could make the team this year, but since we traded some of our other 90,s away and lost Adamyk in the expansion draft does it not open the way for other trades ? Or does Stasiuk have that much confidence in some of our 91's or his ability to do something in the import draft to address this age group gap to fill this hole ?Time will tell and is it hockey season yet ?

aaAlta
06-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I think you absolutely have a gap to fill there. I thought when the Yellowhorn trade was done you should have been seeking quality 88's or 90's to put strong pegs in your holes for a good couple year run. Instead of taking draft picks that dont help inside the horizon of opportunity. But now, I think its mostly about the 90's. You want some real fire there.