PDA

View Full Version : blades open up against brandon to start o7/08 season

hobster
06-19-2007, 05:19 PM
does anybody else think this is dumb why not have it like they use to raiders vs blades regina vs moose jaw swift current against brandon they start in brandon on friday sept 21 and come back home to face the wheaties on saturday sept 22

Trav
06-19-2007, 05:51 PM
people at head office are a bunch of clowns. Cant get the officiating right and now cant get the schedule right.

hobster
06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
people have to go 5 or 6 mounths without hockey i would have probablly went to go watch the blades play in pa if it was a home and home but no they have to waite untill frickin december to probablly have the first home and home who knowes there a joke people want as many rivalriy games as possible they are total ass clowns

wango tango
06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
i don't mind opening against brandon, something different for a change. the blades raiders rivalry isn't going anywhere. just wish we could see every team in the league at least once.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't know what to say. I love the Blades/Raiders games. I've hated the Raiders since I was a kid and always enjoyed the games. My deep hatred for the Raiders drives me to loving watching the Blades and makes me want the opener to be tomorow!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-20-2007, 09:13 AM
I can not seem to find it anywhere yet,and that is most likely becuase they have not released it. Even though Brandon has released their's, the Blades schedule should be out soon. I heard on Global sports last night that the Blades will start their U.S Roadtrip in Spokane on October 19th. This is all I know so far about the schedule(and obviously the home and home with the Wheat Kings to start the season),and remember that Colton Gillies will miss the home opener.

Shortys
06-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Here is a little bit more info on the schedule from www.saskatoonhomepage.ca

Blades' Schedule Revealed

Wednesday, 20 June 2007
The 2007-2008 slate of games for the Saskatoon Blades' W.H.L. season was announced yesterday.

For the first time since 1986, the Saskatoon Blades will open a Western Hockey League regular season with a home-and-home series against the Brandon Wheat Kings. The Bridge City Bunch will visit Brandon on Friday, September 21st before hosting the Wheaties the next night. The second-year Chilliwack Bruins will make their first-ever visit to Saskatoon on February 22nd. The expansion Edmonton Oil Kings will be here November 6th and February 8th. The Blades will visit all five U-S Division teams between October 19th and the 26th and they'll finish with nine of 10 games at Credit Union Centre, eight straight and a home-and-home with the arch-rival Prince Albert Raiders to close out on March 14th and 15th.

I dont mind having the opener against the Wheaties. Something different for a change. Sometimes change can be good, lets find out, we will see enough of the raiders throughout the season to keep the rivalry going.

wango tango
06-20-2007, 10:38 AM
if the blades open in brandon wouldn't that mean gillies could be in the lineup for the blades home opener? didn't he serve one game at the end of the year last season?

Shortys
06-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes, he served one game last year, and his other one will be the first game of this year, which will be in brandon, so he should be in the lineup for the home opener on the 22nd.