View Full Version : Ice Breaker Tournament

Triton
06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Is that happening this year again?

What teams will be participating?

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Is that happening this year again?

What teams will be participating?Yes I do believe that it is happening although it is not mentioned along with the other WHL Exibition games and tournaments,and I would think that the same teams(PA,Regina) except Prince George will be participating(because they are part of the Edmonton Oil Kings Tourney) like it always has been in the past. I am not sure of the schedule though,I would think it would held be on the 1st or 2nd weekend of September.

On second thought,with the list of tourneys that I have seen,I am begining to think that there will be no Ice Breaker Tournament,I hope I am wrong though but by the looks of things now,it does not look like anything is in palce,I find that strange to believe because why would they cancel the tournament?? I sure hope they still have it though.

Goblades26
06-20-2007, 08:14 PM
It does not seem to be happening this year, Blades 2 home games are the 8th against Regina, 11th against Moose Jaw and one in lloydminster.

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-31-2007, 06:19 PM
I think I know what the reason is(for cancelling the tournament) I think it may have something to do with poor attendance,other than that reason I can not think of any others. Does anyone else know anything more as to why they cancelled this tournament?

howley
07-31-2007, 09:25 PM
between the canada russia tourney, the flames game, the scheduled exhibition games they have already, the fact PG is already in a tourney and that nothing has been advertised up to this point...I think it's pretty safe to say it's not happening.

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
between the canada russia tourney, the flames game, the scheduled exhibition games they have already, the fact PG is already in a tourney and that nothing has been advertised up to this point...I think it's pretty safe to say it's not happening.
Ok now that I think of all that,yes that is probably the reason,and it does not really matter. If it is not happening any more there is no need to talk about it. At least there are still exibition games that we can see.

howley
08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
It is to bad it isn't happening. I enjoyed taking in the weekend to kick off another season of hockey. The alternatives this year are pretty good though, with the nhl game and the jr game. I'm only going to the flames game unfortunately.