PDA

View Full Version : Gillies Drafted By Minnisota(16th Overall)

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Despite the many different rankings. Congrats to him,and hopefully he will elivate his game and show the Minnesota Wild why they picked him,and show the other NHL teams why they made the mistake of not picking him.

Once again congrats to Colton Gillies. :thumb:

Trav
06-22-2007, 09:19 PM
this will be a huge year for him I think. Hopefully he can start becoming an offensive player and score a lot of goals.

Triton
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Maybe he can quit checking from behind.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-22-2007, 10:10 PM
I am happy for him but Ireally think he needs to prove himself this year. He has to stop taking so many penalties and he needs to pass the puck. Congrats to Colton though. Ireally do think he deserves it.

Big Ern
06-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Did Lorne Molleken attend the draft? Just curious. Does anyone know?

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Did Lorne Molleken attend the draft? Just curious. Does anyone know?I do not know for sure,but I have a feeling that he did. I wish there was a way to find out if he did,but I guess the only way that I can think of is if they say anything on the sports or in the SP(wheather he attended the draft or not.)

Big Ern
06-22-2007, 11:48 PM
I know that Deano (our coach and GM) is there, so I'm just curious. Those managers and coaches can play a big part in getting their guys drafted.

Especially well-known guys like Chynoweth, Molleken, Don Hay, and others like them that are respected around the game.

I bet you Molleken is in attendance.

Dwight Schrute
06-23-2007, 04:59 PM
maybe they are going to pull a brent burns with him

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-23-2007, 05:20 PM
maybe they are going to pull a brent burns with him
I do not think that they are going to do that,his talent could not be put to full use then.(AND YES HE DOES HAVE TALENT) If they do try and convert him into a Brent Burns type player then I will be disapointed,but if they do and he does not perform as the Dman they want him to be then.(THEY SHOULD KEEP HIM AS A FORWARD)

FYI Lorne Molleken only put Gillies on defence last season because he had no other options. If Gillies was a better dman then he is forward then he would be playing as a defencemen more then 2 or 3 games, so obviously Gillies is a better forward hence why he plays forward the entire season minus a few games.(this past season)

Could it happen? Yes but I think he will remain a forward.

Here is his video interveiw after he was selected. It is a good interveiw.

here is the link: http://www.nhl.com/video/app/?media=http%3A%2F%2Fmfile.akamai.com%2F16532%2Fwmv %2Fnhl.download.akamai.com%2F16532%2Fwm.nhl.na-central%2Fproduction%2F2007draft%2Fdraft_day_one%2 Fgillies.asx