PDA

View Full Version : NHL Draft....

Nielson11
06-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey Guys,

Down here in Columbus covering the Draft for Hockey's Future.

Nice to see Nick Ross go first round...Mahacek should be 2nd rounder for sure.

I'm interested to see where Fadden, King and Leclerc end up...would also love to see someone take a flyer on Carter Bancks...could pay off for a late round guy.

Anyway caught up with voice of the Bronco's Jon Keen...he's down here for Goldenwest Radio....did up a WHL Round 1 recap...8 dub guys taken.

http://www.hockeysfutureradio.com/audio/keen.mp3

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Mitch Fadden was selected by Tampa Bay @ 107th Overall.

Dwight King was selected 2 picks later by LA @ 109th Overall.

It is good to see more WHL'ers picked in the 2007 draft.

grainbear
06-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Well done, to Mitch and Dwight, the lack of LeClerc being taken does not surprise me ? The fact is that he was not what he was during the playoff series the year before . Part of the reason was because defensively we were not as good a team as the previous year, does this reflect the coaching changes ? The proof of the pudding will be this year , if we don,t improve on our side of the puck by christmas expect changes . Will be extremly hard with Wright out for half the season, Kerr , Bobbee , and others will have to improve quickly with their increased ice time. Also I agree that Carter Banchs will come out and of the woodwork and similar to Fadden will make his presence felt in the league this year. I do expect to see a strong , somewhat mean d man and a power forward most likely a right winger to be takes in the Expansion draft . One other sleeping lion could be Chorneyko, If he comes ready to battle 60 minutes will make a difference .