PDA

View Full Version : Roster for tonight

grumphy
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Well it's after 3 pm and the pregame sheets are printed--------dosen't look like there will be any Saturday night reprecussions, (at least for this game :) )

D.A.
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
After viewing the highlights video, I'm not entirely sure there will be any suspensions. The kneeing incident looked more like Yellowhorn's fault than Baldwin's to me. And yeah, the brawl was ugly, but other than Marr's actions, I don't see that much of it is suspendable. Maybe a game or two for Marr and fines for the coaches (they each acted in ways that I would expect to see fines from).

grumphy
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
After viewing the highlights video, I'm not entirely sure there will be any suspensions. The kneeing incident looked more like Yellowhorn's fault than Baldwin's to me. And yeah, the brawl was ugly, but other than Marr's actions, I don't see that much of it is suspendable. Maybe a game or two for Marr and fines for the coaches (they each acted in ways that I would expect to see fines from).
Hope your right ------- any time a situation is in this leagues hands, who knows what the result will be. You look @ the Glass incident and you have to say nothing could possibly come of the Marr incident , but then again look at some of the other decissions of the last couple months and one quickly realizes that consistincy is not one of thier brightest points.
The coaches, (especially Lethbridge), will definatly get @ least heafty fines, (you can't start screaming at the commish of reffing in the eye of the public and expect a kiss on the cheak)

hanabal
03-08-2005, 05:43 PM
This was announced earlier today.

The Western Hockey League announced that four players have been suspended and $1,250.00 in fines have been levied as a result of two incidents which occured during a game between Lethbridge and Medicine Hat on Saturday, March 5.

The Lethbridge Hurricanes have been fined a total of $1,000.00; $250.00 as a result of being in their second multiple fight situation of the season, $250.00 for their goaltender participating in a fight, and $500.00 for comments made to the media by their coach following the game.

The Medicine Hat Tigers have been fined $250.00 for their goaltender participating in a fight. Four Medicine Hat players have also been suspended for their actions. Gord Baldwin has been suspended for receiving a kneeing major and game misconduct, with his suspension is to be determined pending further review. Cody Blanshan has been suspended for one game for receiving his third game misconduct of the season. Steve Marr has been
suspended for one game under supplemental discipline for his actions during a fight, and Tommy Maxwell has been suspended for one game for being the instigator of the incident.

Orv
03-08-2005, 11:01 PM

Is there a link to the highlights anywhere?

Beaner
03-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Is there a link to the highlights anywhere?

I have a copy on my hard drive. Just trying to figure out a way to post it. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Number_4
03-09-2005, 07:14 PM
I know there is a link on the white board... ah here we go....

http://whl.yi.org:8000/video/News.AVI

Try this, it could take a while to load...