PDA

View Full Version : What a crap shoot

Scout
06-24-2007, 08:10 AM
It was hard to know what was going on at the draft this year. Players that were high profile before the draft and expected to go high, tumbled in the draft. Others who were ranked low just before the draft went higher than expected. I was shocked Doyle and Claffey were not drafted. When Doyle came to the Broncos he was projected as high as a late first rounder to mid second round. Never even got a sniff at the draft. Not sure if Eric was in Columbis but wow a real shocker. How can a guy drop right off the radar screen in half a season.
Postma was ranked in the mid 60's for North American picks and end up a late pick going 205th in the draft. Claffey was at one time ranked a mid round pick and like Doyle was passed over. Molle who wasen't even ranked goes just after Postma. I hope Doyle and Claffey can rebound from this and prove the scouts wrong next year. It has to be depressing, especially for Doyle who was ranked so high and then not to have his name called.

Scout

Broncs in RD
06-24-2007, 01:41 PM
It just shows how hard it is to get drafted and make it to the show. A lot of great players have not been drafted and have turned around and made a great NHL career out of it.

06-24-2007, 01:50 PM
It was hard to know what was going on at the draft this year. Players that were high profile before the draft and expected to go high, tumbled in the draft. Others who were ranked low just before the draft went higher than expected. I was shocked Doyle and Claffey were not drafted. When Doyle came to the Broncos he was projected as high as a late first rounder to mid second round. Never even got a sniff at the draft. Not sure if Eric was in Columbis but wow a real shocker. How can a guy drop right off the radar screen in half a season.
Postma was ranked in the mid 60's for North American picks and end up a late pick going 205th in the draft. Claffey was at one time ranked a mid round pick and like Doyle was passed over. Molle who wasen't even ranked goes just after Postma. I hope Doyle and Claffey can rebound from this and prove the scouts wrong next year. It has to be depressing, especially for Doyle who was ranked so high and then not to have his name called.

Scout

doyle's final ranking by central scouting was 69th overall and postma was 64th i believe. so theoretically if postma went that late, it wasnt lookin promising for doyle. he also was not at the draft. i think he (along with many others) realized he had kinda fallin off the radar. ranked 69th....ur not a first rounder. the 2nd half of his season wasnt so hot. particularily when he got traded to swift. i think he might be the type of guy who thrives under pressure, and we all know constantine had a fire under him all the time.