PDA

View Full Version : Klotz's Last Game as a Blade?

Tidball
06-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Could Klotz be moving to the show sooner then EVERYONE expected? Rumor in Philly is that they wanted a tough guy to step into the NHL right away. Judging by the rest of thier picks, im going to guess that they chose Klotz for that reason and thats why they picked him so high. Personally i would love to see Klotz play another game as a Blade.

Klotz was told by Philly scouts that they were highly interested in him. So Klotz took matters into his own hands and improved his game in the AJHL to keep in shape and to up his chances of being drafted. Getting picked in the third round has to be a confidence booster for the guy. We could very well see a difference Garret Klotz next season with the Blades.

SectionNDeserter
06-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Klotz making the jump directly to the NHL would be even more mind-boggling than the fact that he was drafted in the 3rd round of the NHL entry draft. As it is his skating is barely adequate for the WHL level, much less the pro level. His fighting has improved to the point where I would consider him in the top 5 WHL heavyweights next season, but he still generally fights at all the wrong times, and has made various other poor decisions. You could be right about the last game thing though, if a team is looking for some muscle, and the Blades do have some young muscle coming up, he is at about the height of his tradeability as a drafted 19 year old and could be shipped somewhere (though it would almost have to be for another drafted player).

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Klotz making the jump directly to the NHL would be even more mind-boggling than the fact that he was drafted in the 3rd round of the NHL entry draft. As it is his skating is barely adequate for the WHL level, much less the pro level. His fighting has improved to the point where I would consider him in the top 5 WHL heavyweights next season, but he still generally fights at all the wrong times, and has made various other poor decisions. You could be right about the last game thing though, if a team is looking for some muscle, and the Blades do have some young muscle coming up, he is at about the height of his tradeability as a drafted 19 year old and could be shipped somewhere (though it would almost have to be for another drafted player).

Very well said man. I would also think that with Kevin Philp (another monster of a guy 6'7 231lbs,) will be pushing to make the team that Klotz could be traded like SND said. Also with Klotz being drafted that may make Molleken consider keeping Klotz,but if other teams make an offer for Klotz then I would say trade to the highest bidder(as Klotz is replaceable) He needs to improve alot and I think he would be very lucky to get the 10 game NHL tryout,(but that is a very big stretch,and highly unlikely in my opinion.) It still baffles me that he was taken in the 3rd round and I think he would have been available in the 6th or 7th round. Obviously the Flyers liked him and I am fine with that,but if the Leafs would of choose him....... well let's not go there and besides JFJ does not really like choosing players from the WHL.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
what exactly are you worried about? It is highly unlikely that Klotz has played his last game as a Blade for many reasons:1 He is not even close to good enough(yet) to play in the NHL. 2 He is not old enough to play in the AHL or any pro league for that matter. 3 The only way he would have played his last game would be:If he was traded before the season starts. Hopefully now that he is property of an NHL team he will grow up and stop getting suspended for dumb reasons(a.k.a the throat slashing gesture VS P.A) last season.

Dwight Schrute
06-24-2007, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=Tidball]Could Klotz be moving to the show sooner then EVERYONE expected? Rumor in Philly is that they wanted a tough guy to step into the NHL right away. Judging by the rest of thier picks, im going to guess that they chose Klotz for that reason and thats why they picked him so high.

Klotz was told by Philly scouts that they were highly interested in him. QUOTE]
#1 hahaha klotz in the show ? let alone as a underage player... the differance in speed would make him look like a fool, besides gillies there isnt a blade who can skate fast enough for the nhl

also how do you know what klotz was told by philly scouts

RebelsFan
06-24-2007, 08:28 PM
"Klotz was told by Philly scouts that they were highly interested in him. So Klotz took matters into his own hands and improved his game in the AJHL to keep in shape and to up his chances of being drafted."

Maybe Klotz kept up his speed in the ASHL. He was no where fast enough for the show when he was in Red Deer and I doubt he is fast enough today or in the next 5 years. I see him ending up playing in the semi pro league in Quebec, the league where all they do is fight.

howley
06-24-2007, 11:38 PM
LNAH....ugh

06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Sorry, maybe I got a little scared. Well with the almost certainty of Klotz playing here it will be fun to see if Philp can make the squad, with 2 guys like that we practicly have a football team.

hobster
06-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Well yesterday ctv news caught up with mccrae gillies and klotz at a anual blades golf tourney and klotz look like he's in amazing shape now you never know put him on a line with gillies and newly acquired mike kaye and klotz could maybe get 15-20 goals

06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Good to hear. Is Kaye a right winger???