PDA

View Full Version : Mario Bliznak

rinkrat
06-25-2007, 06:22 PM
So,is Mario gonna be back or do we draft another Euro?
I'm hoping to see Mario back,but a Euro D man like Meszaros would be good too.

dondo
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
its unlikely that he'll be back as the Canucks just inked him to a contract so its very likely he'll either be a Moose or possibly a Salmon King should he not be worthy of the Moose yet, but I think he'll find his way to Winnipeg should he not have a great camp and make the Canucks.

Swando
06-26-2007, 09:04 AM
It may be that both will be back or neither. According to McEwen iin the Province Newspaper this am Repik has been approached by his Czech..Club about playing pro next yr. much like Shwartz did. Also Toigo said that there is a possiblity of Bliznak coming back...and you know Hay would go for that!!

dondo
06-26-2007, 06:45 PM
for my money that would be the absolute worst thing that Repik could do -- he needs to continue to be in North America playing the North American game... I would say that would give him the best chance at a solid NHL career.

Going back home was the worst thing that Schwarz did (except we got rid of him so it wasn't that bad) :thumb: , but I think he lost whatever edge he had and has a steeper learning curve in the NHL because of it.

N.W. Bruin
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Not that it would stop the player but maybe Repik will listen unlike a certain Euro goalie.

Swando
06-28-2007, 12:34 AM
With the Tric Cities Ero trade today --this leaves us wondering which one is coming back??? I guess we have to stay tuned.

Kassian
06-28-2007, 04:04 AM
With the Tric Cities Ero trade today --this leaves us wondering which one is coming back??? I guess we have to stay tuned.

To me it says that Bliznak will not be returning. But I think a lot of us already expected that anyway.

old_time_hockey
06-28-2007, 01:27 PM
I think the Bliznakian one is gonna get a long hard look at Canucks camp and then head to Winterpeg.

I really hope Repik is back. He is a key part of the team and just fun to watch

GF71
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
I'd be shocked to see Mario back with the Giants. I think the OA will be more of a scoring type, especially when they trade Kraus which despite the inconsistancy will leave a hole up front.

rinkrat
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Does Kraus want a trade? Or is this speculation that mgt will move him?
Obviously we can all see the writing on the wall,I'm just wondering if Tim wants out. I think he would be better than alot of alternatives even with his inconsistant play.

GF71
06-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Does Kraus want a trade? Or is this speculation that mgt will move him?
Obviously we can all see the writing on the wall,I'm just wondering if Tim wants out. I think he would be better than alot of alternatives even with his inconsistant play.

I fully agree. A focused and comitted Kraus is a very valuable player.

I don't want to speak too much for Tim...He was none too happy when the season ended. He is looking forward to a change of address with mixed feelings.

Moving him is going to be a bit tricky for the Giants in concern to what they want back for him, reluctance to trade him within the conference, etc.

Giantsfan
06-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Kraus could be one of the top players in the league IF he wanted it bad enough. Too many games last season, he was lazy & he doesn't bring much else to a team if he's not working his hardest. Kraus is a great skater & passer but when he's not going, he may as well be in the pressbox for some young guy who'll work his ass off shift after shift.

byrdman25
07-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Kraus has already given the Giants a list of teams in the east that he would be willing to play for. This I have heard from 3 very reliable sources on and since draft day.