PDA

View Full Version : Civic Center Naming Rights?

Scout
06-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Curious if anyone has heard anything on this or if anyone has shown interest in the naming rights of The Civic Center? Not a word around town that i know of. Also any news or rumors on an assistant coach or how that is going? And last but not least how the auction went on the new suites? Did we make much money or more through the auction? Three questions i have that nothing has been said about.

Scout

Toswammi
06-26-2007, 09:36 AM
No to all of the above, the team has been eriely quiet

Big Ern
06-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Scout, when I see you at MEIMEI next time, I'll answer some of your questions. HAHAHAHAHA!!

d-man
06-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Curious if anyone has heard anything on this or if anyone has shown interest in the naming rights of The Civic Center? Not a word around town that i know of. Also any news or rumors on an assistant coach or how that is going? And last but not least how the auction went on the new suites? Did we make much money or more through the auction? Three questions i have that nothing has been said about.

Scout
Gossip I have heard that there is some local interest on the naming rights but no commitment yet. Nothing from the bigger names or crown corps. The city is hoping for a 10 year deal in the $50-80,000 per year range. $80,000 would put it up there with Brandon.
Assistant coach according to Arling is up to Dean who has still NOT signed a contract. Agreement in principle doesn't mean much until the name is on the dotted line. So what's the hold up? Who's holding out Dean or the Board? I thought it would have been done before the AGM on Wednesday at the extreme latest.
6 of the 9 suites sold at the auction. Since they didn't sell out I would assume they went for the asking price - $10-12,000? 3 suites left to sell, the 10th is part of the naming rights package I believe.
Another Question - Anyone on this forum putting their name in for the Board of Directors?

Believer
06-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Is any member of the board not returning this year? Maybe someone SHOULD throw their name in that hat, just to see what happens. (Just remember though, I bet it is not all it's cracked up to be!) It will be interesting to see how the naming rights go and who gets it. I think there are a couple of different "serious" interested parties. Of course, like with the suites, there are always a bunch of "tirekickers" until it's time to pony up and put down some cash. Has anyone heard how season ticket renewals have been going? Going to be wierd not having a ""home opener" until after a few games have already been played. Fans will either be lovin the team already, or writting them off and blaming the coach "again" by the hte time the marketing boys get to host a home opener event ! Which I hear is going to be a doozy !

ps
Ern!!?? When does Hunch leave for the Warriors ? :)

Big Ern
06-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I was curious about that too. I was kind of expecting to see him at the banquet on Tuesday night. I thought..."He's signed by Moose Jaw, but what the heck? I think he'll still attend the banquet." Did not happen.

I've heard that Dave is making frequent trips to Moose Jaw to get famaliar with their staff and office people. I've also noticed that the Broncos' EXPLORER that he drives is now parked outside the Broncos' office. I would think it won't be long before he'll be gone.

dubfan
07-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Can any of you Swifty residents put some updated photos of the arena construction, it would be interesting, or at least an update. Any new thoughts on naming rights? Oh by the way is it hot enough there for ya?

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
07-24-2007, 04:37 PM
The Broncos website has some good photos of the construction process. I just noticed that they recently updated the pictures there too.

Go to www.scbroncos.com (http://www.scbroncos.com) and click on the photo link on the left side of the page.

Looks like the lobby and concession area has been gutted pretty good.

Flathead
07-24-2007, 05:01 PM
The Broncos website has some good photos of the construction process. I just noticed that they recently updated the pictures there too.

Go to www.scbroncos.com (http://www.scbroncos.com) and click on the photo link on the left side of the page.

Looks like the lobby and concession area has been gutted pretty good.
Those are some good photos. Talking to a guy from Graham construction and he's still not sure if the rink will be ready in time. The whole project is about two months behind, but they might get the rink portion done in time. I sure hope they do, although it's been 40 above, I'm getting the itch for some hockey!!