PDA

View Full Version : blades euro draft thread

wango tango
06-26-2007, 11:02 AM
the blades select 13th overall, their pick happens about 10:30 local time. not as many european prospects selected in this years nhl entry draft, and i don't know how many of the top euro prospects are interested in coming over to north america. many ranked prospects from central scouting were not selected in the entry draft this year. so while pickings might seem slim if you're just looking at the entry draft, there are more players out there. just makes the import draft more of a challenge than in years past.

i'm guessing saskatoon will take a forward with their first pick. so this list will only include forwards, it's also predominantly from countries where kids have come from in the past.

backlund, sweden, centre
hjalmarsson, sweden, wing
****i, swiss, centre/wing
andersson, sweden, centre
ruzicka, czech, centre
omark, sweden, wing
lucenius, finland, centre
kytnar, czech, centre
thuresson, sweden, wing
quist, sweden, wing
zackrisson, sweden, wing
harju, sweden, centre/wing
sopanen, finland, wing
alcen, sweden, wing
kokkala, finland, centre
lundh, sweden, centre/wing
sallinen, finland, centre

this list only includes forwards, no defense. i excluded russians, although undoubtedly there will be some selected. and like i said before there are a lot of central scouting international ranked players who were not taken in the entry draft, means the gm's will have to do a bit more work than some other years getting kids to come over.

wango tango
06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
a request moderators, can the automatic smilie be taken off when talking about the national hockey league? i find it rather annoying.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Me to. What is that guys name on your list that apparently is a swear? lol.

wango tango
06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Me to. What is that guys name on your list that apparently is a swear? lol.

;lol i hear ya. starts with c rhymes with runti. first name luca.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Haha, wow I hope the Blades draft him.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Haha, wow I hope the Blades draft him.
You would want the Blades to draft him just because of his name?? Ok. I am pretty sure that the Blades can draft 2 very good players with the 13th and 71st picks.

I would think that we will see one euro on defence and the other one being a forward.

Another thing to ponder. Will the Blades do the same thing as they did last year?(pick one from Slovakia and the other from the Czech Republic) or will it be a different combo?