PDA

View Full Version : Sask Boys

Shortys
06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
As it stands right now more than half the team is from saskatchewan, with 9 being from Saskatoon, great to see, hopefully with a stronger hometown roster the fan attendance will pick up this year!

Saskatoon players-
Kaye
Durand
Patterson
Cameron
Belyk
Hulak
Braid
Berg
Zemlak

Saskatchewan players-
Klotz - Regina
Cuthbert - Swift
Klassen - Watrous
Zahn - Bethune
Ward - Swift
Holtby - Marshall

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I like how there is more players born in one city than there are born in any other city in Saskatchewan. I hope having these many home town heros can affect the way they play. You would think they would have some connection with the Blades to make them play a little bit harder. It helps alot, look at Matt Stairs of the Jays for example. He came in to this season expected to be a bench player but as it turns out he is a starter at first hitting over .300 with 12 home runs. I hope that out home town kids can do the same.

Trav
06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
he's revamped the Blades protected list and has made it clear that he wants home town kids and obiviously when u look at the roster now he's done just that and you know he's not done yet. One more overager to get. To make room for some of the up coming rookies, he might get rid of one or two more veteran forwards.

Getting Durand and Kaye for cheap is unreal in my opinion.

hobster
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Ya but you can't compare matt stairs give me a break 2 diff sports i know your coming from playing with your home town thing but come on here

howley
06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
if the hometown players can bat .300 and knock 12 dingers for the Jays I'll be very impressed! I could see so many home town guys being abit of a distraction in a way. May be more off ice issues to deal with...at the same time, maybe not at all because they will most likely be living at home. Who know's. Either way, Durand is a great trade

hobster
06-27-2007, 12:11 AM
nothing ever wrong with your parents driving you to a game and watching etc or even ahome cooked meal and your own pillow and blankets these guys will eat this up and be way more rested and hungry rather than living in the states with billets by far blades are gonna tear it up this year right there with the pats for first i say