PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Send Two Players To Prince George

Rebels30
06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
RED DEER, AB – 06/26/07 - The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today they have traded forwards Evan Pighin and Alex Poulter to the Prince George Cougars for a conditional draft pick in the 2008 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Any comments on this trade :skeptical

One thing is for sure, this team is going to be very young!

SectionNDeserter
06-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Pighin had his age working against him, and despite being 19, he has only been in the WHL for one season (and on the 3rd/4th lines), so I don't consider him a veteran player. I don't think he made as much impact as anyone was really hoping for. Poulter has some pretty good speed, and puck-dangling skills, but lacked finish--he shot the puck directly into the opposition goalie's chest a few hundred times last season, even with wide-open net. I think that if Poulter ever found some finish to go with his Skating/boardwork/puck skills, this trade could come back to haunt us though.

Rebel66
06-27-2007, 06:05 AM
I have to admit to being somewhat surprised that the team didn't get a warm body back in return, although I'm not suprised whatsoever that those particular players have been moved. A conditional pick too is interesting. I wonder what the conditions are?

Shinyshoes
06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I wonder what the conditions are?6th rounder if neither player is on the PG roster on Oct 4, 5th rounder if 1 of them are, and a 4th if they both are.