PDA

View Full Version : Oil Kings select Tomas Vincour 1st overall in Import Draft

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
The Oil Kings with the 1st pick overall select Tomas Vincour Born Nov.19/1990 Position: C Last team/Country: Kometa HC Brno/Czech Height: 6.2 Weight: 198

I know nothing about this guy,he must be a good 17 year old though.

nivek_wahs
06-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Here is his profile from HC Kometa Brno... it's in Czech so good luck reading it lol

http://www.hc-kometa.cz/hrac.asp?ID=64

Trav
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
prospect apparently. Not a huge sniper, seems to be a two way player, likes the physical play so should be able to adjust to the WHL style.

ChilliwackFan
06-27-2007, 11:07 AM
1. Tomas Vincour, C (2009) Edmonton Oilkings (Czech Rep.)
an adequate skater for a player of his size .. decent agility .. stride of average crispness .. needs to develop more explosiveness and upgrade on his footspeed and separation gear .. blessed with above-average leg strength for a kid of his age .. should keep his feet moving to be more effective .. should play a more active game off the puck in the neutral zone to set himself free for a pass .. absorbs open-ice hits well thanks to his strong balance .. a big and aggressive player .. often initiates physical contact and thrives in heavy traffic .. shows a solid defensive awareness and shuts down the passing lanes of the opposition with a strong prowess for a player of his age .. strongest assets are his soft hands and an ability to think the games faster than the opposition .. sets up smart scoring chances for his wingers from both sides of the stick .. a powerplay threat .. dangerous when maneuvering close to the opposing net as he boasts strong in-close finishing skills especially a quick forehand deke .. fires hard blasts .. should further upgrade on the accuracy of the slap shot .. an above-average factor in the faceoff circle .. solid at taking the draws and is able to win important faceoffs in key game situations .. a late '90 born forward .. a right-shooting forward.

Tiger Trauma
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Did the tigers make a trade with edmonton? I noticed we picked up thier first import pick in the second round?

I know edmonton has 2 euro's already(including thier first pick).

Or was this sorta a side deal in Bob green going to edmonton?