PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for a hammering calgary team!

fightstrap50
03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
well Rockets fans i hope you're ready to see your team take a :burningma punishing :burningma tomorrow night against the Hitmen. Even though we were up 3,4,and 5-0 against them tonight and we were getting past them very well with a "smaller" team so to speak,they just kept on hitting all night! :karate: They actually played pretty well tonight against the ICE. So without Werber and possibly Coture in the line up id say have fun gettin beat by a hungry team!!, hopfully the ICE can maintain 1st place where we belong,as we just beat another central team! :groovy: GO ICE GO!!!

Teaps
03-09-2005, 01:36 AM
What does Couture have anything to do with this? Weber may be a lose, but it's not huge. Remember world Juniors, we sure didn't seem to suffer with Weber out of the line-up...and Couture...He's played what...5 games as a rocket...MMMmmkay

kelownakarl
03-09-2005, 02:00 AM
May the best team win! With or without Couture and Weber we are still a pretty good club.

Jovorock
03-09-2005, 06:46 AM
We haven't lost a game at home since November, Weber missed games at the WJ's and Couture was still a Tiger. I would worry more about the Ice on the road instead of Kelowna at home.

Squig
03-09-2005, 10:12 AM
on this icefans part!! :D

Anyone listen to the Kootenay broadcast last night?

I get a kick out of their PBP guy when he goes to commercial. He says "you're listening to ICE hockey" on the Drive or something. Everytime I hear it i laugh - no kidding its ice hockey what do ya think ball hockey!! Yes i get what he is really saying it just sounds funny.

The Hitgirls are in town tonight. Make sure you all bug Double Dee about be a rockets fan.

Go Rockets Go!!

Spungy
03-09-2005, 10:12 AM
nothing against you guys, but i am hoping Calgary is going to come out super strong and break that winning home streak of yours :D

mccabe23
03-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I heard Pogge was off his game last night as he was pre-occupied with the thoughts of facing sniper, 4-goal scorer Gary Sylvester. Can't really blame Pogge for this as most goalies around the dub are living with fear of the mighty Sly! I just hope Sylvester takes it easy on his hometown friend and doesn't light the lamp too often. I think a hattrick is in the works tonight. Go Rockets!!!!

fightstrap50
03-09-2005, 01:35 PM
What does Couture have anything to do with this? Weber may be a lose, but it's not huge. Remember world Juniors, we sure didn't seem to suffer with Weber out of the line-up...and Couture...He's played what...5 games as a rocket...MMMmmkay
so what are you saying then thatcouture isnt a big part of your team then? why dont you go tell him that!all streaks come to and end sometime or another,and Calgary is hungry now, so if someone else gets knocked out tonight are you going to say what does he havfe to do with it? I dont care what player for the Ice got knocked out for a few games id be upset and worried, you just think that the name on your shirts will win alone is that it then? gimmie a break

mccabe23
03-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm really not worried at all that Weber is out. Sure it puts pressure on some of the other guys but it also gives some players more ice time. In Kelowna, we don't rely on one or two players. We aren't the most talented team in the world but we play hard as a team for 60 minutes and that is why we are so good. Calgary will meet the same fate as the other teams in the league that come into our buliding. Sure, the streak will end one day but tonight's not the night! Calgary will be just another victim. Go Rockets!!!!!!

Teaps
03-09-2005, 01:53 PM
couture has made as big an impact on this team as he would had he never played a ga,e here...I am not saying he is an invaluable player, all i am saying is he's only played 9 games and has 22 PIM and is -1...Not a huge part of the team yet.....

Jovorock
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
so what are you saying then thatcouture isnt a big part of your team then? why dont you go tell him that!all streaks come to and end sometime or another,and Calgary is hungry now, so if someone else gets knocked out tonight are you going to say what does he havfe to do with it? I dont care what player for the Ice got knocked out for a few games id be upset and worried, you just think that the name on your shirts will win alone is that it then? gimmie a break
No one said Couture isn't a big part of the team, Teaps said he has only played 5 games.

We all know streaks come to a end. You said Calgary is hungry now, they lost 5-0 and now they are hungry?

Give yourself a break with that attitude!

kelownakarl
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Attitudes aside we are closing in on puckdrop!

Cheers mates!

fightstrap50
03-09-2005, 09:42 PM
yes, cheers to all! if you cant make it to the game tonight yiou can watch it on shaw,the second period will begin in about 15 minutes, 0-0 tie so far
GO HITMEN GO!!! :bounce:

kevanie97
03-09-2005, 10:27 PM

How old are you? You type like you are 10 years old and if thats the case sit back,read and don't post you make no sense.

fightstrap50
03-09-2005, 11:28 PM
so nice of you to point that out, your a genius when it comes to typing i guess,so what, something got deleted midway through my post and yeah it didnt make sense,soooo sorry. would you like to be my secretary? :D im just tired of all the chatter going around lately,so i might have a bit of attitude

Teaps
03-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Back in first place for the Rockets. This time i don't think they are going to give it up...They played WAY to strong tonight to make me believe otherwise. The PK was excellent, the PP was meh, the even strength play was great, and the player support was amazing. To think...Mosienko had ALL day to shoot that puck because Comeau and Card lured the defenders to the far left half boards and mosie ALL alone with Pogge...GREAT game, and Mosie...Holy moly, what a shot.......

mccabe23
03-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Yep, pretty exciting game! Classic Rockets hockey......."do things the hard way". lol Calgary is one dirty team! Getzlaf has to be the dirtiest player I've seen in years. He was hacking, slashing and punching behind the play all night long and never shut his yap. Too bad because he is also a VERY skilled player. He can turn it on when he wants to. Beautiful goal by the Hitman euro tonight on a end-to-end rush. But Mosienko's goal was the best!! Suprised he didn't get a game star. Oh well.....all in all, a great game! Go Rockets!!!!!

BTW.....anyone else see Ladd turn down a fight offer from Bodie? Probably good for Bodie that he did. lol

Jovorock
03-10-2005, 07:14 AM
That was the chippiest team to come into Kelowna this year, Getzlaf, Covington and Ladd are the cheapest players I have seen for awhile. After every shift these three stuck a Rocket every shift.

As far as the game goes, I was surprised Kelowna out hit the Hitmen in the first and second, they out worked them first and second also but the Hitmen owned the third. Awesome goal by Mosiy and nice passing by Card and Comeau.

Pogge made some real nice saves, tougher saves than Yeomans had to make.

mccabe23
03-10-2005, 10:20 AM
I also was really impressed by Deschamps last night! He played a pretty good game! He took the body and got the hit of the night, plus he was rushing the puck alot and always managing to get it in deep. He really stepped up for the fallen Weber. Way to go Darren! :thumb:

Teaps
03-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Like i was saying to Jovo last night.....Deschamps has really stepped up his play since everyone started doubting Hamiltons choice in keeping him.....