PDA

View Full Version : new Director of Player Personnel

scamperdog
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
June 28th, 2007 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers are proud to announce the hiring of Gord Loiselle as the club’s new Director of Player Personnel.

Loiselle, who will base his work in Calgary, joins the Blazers after a 10-year stint as the Director of Player Personnel for the Portland Winterhawks. Prior to that, he was an area scout for the Calgary Hitmen.

“I’m really excited,” says Loiselle. “The timing is perfect for myself and I’m getting into the organization when they’re in a great situation and made great strides last year. I’m really impressed with the staff that’s been assembled here and I just can’t wait to get started on the job.”

During Loiselle’s tenure with Portland, the Winterhawks won the 1998 Memorial Cup in Spokane and reached the 2001 WHL Final – ultimately falling to the Memorial Cup champion Red Deer Rebels in five games.

“I think the [Blazers’ 50-player] list in good shape, they’ve done a good job drafting here, they have a good scouting staff in place and that’s a great start. There’s a great coaching staff here and they seem to have the philosophy that they’re going to develop their players which is hugely important,” added Loiselle.

Loiselle begins the job effective immediately.