PDA

View Full Version : Raiders *Opening Day* Roster

RaiderProspect
06-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Predictions of the roster in september..

Dwight Schrute
06-30-2007, 02:20 AM
depape german robertson
mcdonald smith trach
penner lamb ottman
herrod hewson dowhay

may gauthier
voracek tendler
deck button
vann

aime
stanford

Five Hole
06-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Hmm, not sure what changes I'd make to that...
there's obviously going to be new bodies in town next season..
have to assume Voracek and Brandl will be on the team, unless they just choose not to come over (any speculation on that?)
your list has 3 new forwards and 3 new D, 1 new goalie
.. that leaves out 5 vets that ended the season
LeBlanc, Flatters, Palazzo, Scherger, Malone
although the starting roster will probably have 8 or 9 D on it, 6 which will dress every night, there's no doubt there's going to be a couple of trades, ... assuming we get some WHL experienced players in these trades, the mix could change,too....
...but no doubt, the biggest fight for spots is on D

Dwight Schrute
06-30-2007, 03:44 PM
forgot how to spell the german kids name. i think there might be a few too many bodies, hopefully clark can package some up and make a decent trade or two

Dwight Schrute
06-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Flatters, Palazzo, Scherger, Malone, ottman hewson, lamb could all be tradable assets too
there are also decent youngsters like mike small, and steph vigier that could make the team along with herrod and jordan iron

hockey24_7
07-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Dowhay skates faster and harder than hewson ottman trach and even some of the other players listed and can play as good or better than some. And is not scared to play physical. You can't judge dowhays play only by last year. I'm sure given the chance and if he hasn't lost the drive with what Anholt did to him last year, he could prove to be an asset to the team. It wasn't a fluke he got 50 pts in 36 games in his last year of midget and 7 pts in 6 games with the ice wolves. The kid has talent. nhl3

Dwight Schrute
07-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey I like Dowhay too . But you can not keep a 20 year old spot for him. Even if we loose one of the defencemen I still would go out and find another 20 year old forward that can score. Dowhay got 6 points in 57 games with the worst +/- on the team , I know hes a great skater but you cant keep a 20 year old spot for someone who is just a great skater
well spot duty on the 4th line, along with pk time it makes it hard for him to score. with a new coach, seeing his work ethic and tenacity, plus the fact he could score if given the chance. i wouldnt doubt campese giving him a chance
and i think in the last 2 years he has paid his dues and deserves a shot

Dwight Schrute
07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
paying dues is for when your a 19 year old with unlimited roster spots not for a 20 year old with only 3 spots.
well it seemed to work out for brett novak

Dwight Schrute
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
worked out for Novak , but not the team . And every fan *****ed about it every game
true but i think most fans like dowhay better then novak. an in reality getting a 20 year old scorer is not as easy as it sounds. there is already a top6 of solid offensive guys trach, penner, dobrowolski, vigier coming up and depape, brandl, robertson, mcdonald, smith, pretty much lock up the top6 we dont need 3 87 born d-men. so there really isnt much harm in dowhay staying

Dwight Schrute
07-03-2007, 12:25 AM
so what defenceman would you get rid of then?
id ship out flatters before may or gauthier. and id still wouldnt be shocked to see one of the 3 playing pro next year

Swando
07-03-2007, 01:55 AM
id ship out flatters before may or gauthier. and id still wouldnt be shocked to see one of the 3 playing pro next year

John Flatters is one of the nicest guys/players you'll ever meet off the ice--unfortunatly his hockey ability does not carry as far. Solid 5/6 d man but when playing in Vancouver I really thot his best spot was at a 4th line agigitating forward. He had a tendancy to take bad penalties as a D man. He was really missed as a person when he was traded from Vancouver. This league needs a lot more Flatters type characters!! John --play hard and good luck!

Zookeeper
07-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Flatters can lay the big hit and most times never leaves him out of position. At least once per game he would lay someone out last year and doing so, he would cause the other team to give the puck up or stop them from heading to the net.

Dwight Schrute
07-04-2007, 03:34 AM
i also like flatters in his time here and thought he was a nice pick up along with deck for thelen. but in saying that i also think may and gauthier are better. and would pick them over him.

hockey24_7
07-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I still don't think they will keep 3 overage defensemen. Not sure which they would keep for sure... I know a lot of the fans sure spoke poorly of May as he gave up the puck a lot and couldn't make a pass. As for Gauthier, he's a great enforcer, but we need him on the ice and not in the box or suspended. Doesn't he still have one game yet to serve from last year? As for Flatters, didn't see him enough.

Dwight Schrute
07-05-2007, 03:03 AM
I still don't think they will keep 3 overage defensemen. Not sure which they would keep for sure... I know a lot of the fans sure spoke poorly of May as he gave up the puck a lot and couldn't make a pass. As for Gauthier, he's a great enforcer, but we need him on the ice and not in the box or suspended. Doesn't he still have one game yet to serve from last year? As for Flatters, didn't see him enough.
may was a pretty decent puck moving defenseman. gauthier really stepped up his game last year, and no his bogus suspension is served(colton gillies on the other hand has to sit out applause applause applause ).
im sure the market for anyone of these 3 would be enticing.

patsdude114
07-07-2007, 03:07 PM
personally id take a guy like Flatters on the Pats back end hes not that bad of a D-man at all