View Full Version : How the Pats may look at the start of the season

patsdude114
07-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Goaltenders:
Rowat look for another strong season out of Rowat between the pipes
Bosch quick young goalie played well in MH at the end of the season

Defence:
Pyett leading returning defenceman in points in the WHL
Ross 1st round selection in the June draft (PHX)
Schria steady reliable strong......also might be moved for a #1 center
Teubert will get all the ice time he needs to fine tune his physical game
Delahey reliable makes smart plays will get more ice time
Fraipont dont see him back on the team this season
Kulchar will prob see the ice as much as Teubert did last season

Forwards:
Eberle with the right center will produce more then he did last season
MacAngus strong gritty player infront of net looks great with Eberle
Hill strong fast look to be #2 center prob with Ofukany
Ofukany good shot confident with puck can score
Jagow great work ethic could be our top PK player this season
Leffler will get a chance to become more of a impact this season
Gross fast smart will get a chance to be more offensive
Lind not sure if Lind will fit in system this season maybe on the bubble
Reich a pest takes stupid penalties at times
Elder huge strong can skate and can fight
Scott cant see him even being at camp being 20
Stoesz dont see him being at camp having a pro contract and 20
Saulietis might fight for a roster spot but being 20 and a euro on bubble
Strueby rookie will get every chance to shine being 18
Mitchell rookie will get chance to play
Miller rookie will get chance to play
Cerveny rookie could be a fit with Eberle and MacAngus at center
Insam rookie big strong great shot not sure where he will fit yet

I think this season will be even brighter then the past 2 seasons... I think Parker now waits for the season to start to see where Cerveny fits in he might be the answer for a #1 center with Eberle and MacAngus, if he doesnt fit in with those guys I think Schria will be the defenceman moved for a center. Nothing against Schria as i like him as a player i just cant see Parker moving Pyett as a offensive D-man (should be the top D-man in pts if not then top 5 again) Ross,Teubert are untouchable at this point in their careers.

I dont see a team in our division this season to contend with 1st place with the Pats.....Brandon lost alot in the offseason (but they r coached by McCrimmon) Saskatoon should be a good team with Holtby between the pipes, Moose Jaw going to be weak between the pipes Perricone at 20 not sure if he will be around not worth a 20yr old goalie, PA not really sure about PA there kinda hit and miss i think they'll fight for a playoff spot...

Toswammi
07-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I dont see a team in our division this season to contend with 1st place with the Pats.....Brandon lost alot in the offseason (but they r coached by McCrimmon) Saskatoon should be a good team with Holtby between the pipes, Moose Jaw going to be weak between the pipes Perricone at 20 not sure if he will be around not worth a 20yr old goalie, PA not really sure about PA there kinda hit and miss i think they'll fight for a playoff spot...
You didnt mention Swift. What you scared lol.
Anyhow its safe to say you guys are the cream of the East div crop

patsdude114
07-07-2007, 03:00 PM
lol my bad completely forgot about swift lol keep forgetting ur back in the east lol actually i didnt forget ur back in the east just forgot about the Broncos completely......my bad

but ya not too sure i think the Broncos have a quality young keeper in Yonkman and i dont think the Broncos wil be that bad at all ya you loose Rumsey and Schenderling along with Moir but i think the likes of Yonkman, Postma, Wudrick will fill in nicely some good young talent in SC

hobster
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Well the blades for second would be a smart prediction but the pats for first is a deffinite for sure

wardog fan
07-07-2007, 08:46 PM
pat fan is this post a lil home side favor for the pats??? you forgot to mention the broncos who will be fairly good, and you say moose jaw wont contend for first place?? did you look at the roster and the possibilties that moose jaw has? could very well be one of the most offensive teams in the east division.. i do quote parker as saying he needs more goal scoring. with that said dont get me wrong the pats will be good on defense and goaltender and yes defense wins games. but my point is dont think that the pats are so good they will run away with this division. and by the way maybe its finally getting out of the first round of the playoffs last year might have boosted your ego. it might for alot of fans whos teams couldnt get past the first round in what ten years!!!! keep believeing and i know im rooting for any team who plays the pats and see ya in the crushed can .... by the way perricone the goalie who you dont think is good, beat out the top goalies in the league at the time 2 years ago in the playoffs, plante, keetley, pogge. oh ya was eastern conference final mvp. he is good any goalie will struggle with a young defense which is looking very good on paper for this coming year and a new coach has raised the barr in the jaw once again....

patsdude114
07-07-2007, 10:51 PM
by the way perricone the goalie who you dont think is good, beat out the top goalies in the league at the time 2 years ago in the playoffs, plante, keetley, pogge. oh ya was eastern conference final mvp.

Well 1st of all the team the went to the WHL final pretty well any goalie who could stop the 1st shot could of been a goaltender for that warrior team, the warriors controlled the play so much they were such an offensive team (6 players with 50+ pts, 4 players with 25+goals, Boyd & Brouwer with 48 & 49 goals) that warror team was a offensive powerhouse Perricone isnt that great at all i know warrior fans that say the same thing.....

but anyways this is a thread on the pats not the warriors or the broncos the Pats

Buldog
07-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Patsdude114 wrote:but anyways this is a thread on the pats not the warriors or the broncos the Pats

give the guys a break...I'd post in another teams forum if I was a fan of either the Warriors or Broncos

Big Ern
07-07-2007, 11:39 PM
The Pats suck. HAHA.

Last year they took away my airhorn, but this year I'm bringing a bicycle horn in the "Manure Centre". That is almost as loud, and it's allowed in rinks. When that dreaded light starts turning behind Linden Rowat I will blow the **** out of it. HAHA.

Broncos', Warriors', Blades' and Raiders' fans, feel free to post on this thread. LOL

Big Ern
07-07-2007, 11:43 PM
You didnt mention Swift. What you scared lol.
Anyhow its safe to say you guys are the cream of the East div crop

And Toswammi, what the hell are you saying? HAHA.

"WHERE IS THE FAITH??"

Remember asking someone that a few days ago? LOL

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
07-08-2007, 01:16 AM
I think MJ could make a strong case to take the east division next year.

Perricone is a pretty good goalie, maybe not the best in the east conference, but I would definitely count on him being the number 1 guy next season for Moose Jaw. Alot of the time, he was the only one keeping MJ in most of their games last season, and if anything, he is one of the strong points to their team. Perricone is very tough to beat when he is on his game, and he is kind of like Rowat in the aspect that he can be one of the leagues best in one game, and then totally breakdown in the next.

Goalies like that make games interesting, I guess.

MJ also probably has the top offence in the division(conference?) lead by Riley Holzapfel, who could possibly lead the league in scoring next season. With him, are Knackstedt, Calla and Reese , who, while they were mediocre with their former teams(all were higher in standings than Moose Jaw was. Vancouver, Everett, and Red Deer), were PPG players on the warriors when they were traded to them. Im sure that they can take their performance in the second half last season into the next season.

On top of that, players like Jason Bast (poised for a breakout season), and Voytechek have stepped up, and Nyren shows some offensive promise even after a dismal season stat-wise last year. Throw 2 euro forwards into the mix and you got 3 scoring lines.

Lastly, is the warrior defence, and MJ's D is absolutely terrible... I am not going to lie. However, if the warriors can meet up to their expectations in the standings, Im sure they will try and pick one or 2 top defencemen up at the deadline to possibly lead the group of youth they have a D.

This is the way I see it from top to bottom of the East Division:

Regina - Most well rounded team in the east division, maybe conference. If Rowat can perform to his potential, then the pats might just finish in first place.

Moose Jaw - If they get a solid defence, they are the team to beat. Should easily secure second at least.

Saskatoon - Menei, and cole surprisingly supplied most of the offence for Saskatoon, so the rest of the team is going to have to step up. They look good in almost every aspect, but keep in mind that other than Gillies, Hulak, (konecny?) and Mcrae, all of the other remaining players have under 20 points scored in the last season. They have great goaltending, and solid offence, which still makes them look to be the favourite for 3rd place out of the 3 teams vieing for it.

PA - goaltending is questionable, as is defence. Solid top six offence could surprise other teams. Will contend for 3rd with Sask and Swift

Swift Current - Getting better, but still not there. Solid offence, big defence and good goaltending. Could either reach 3rd or hit 5th, depending on the development of offensive players

Brandon - lost many players, something like 8 19 year olds and OAs, including Plante, and Burki. Rebuilding, and probably will not make playoffs.

The Pats suck. HAHA.

Last year they took away my airhorn, but this year I'm bringing a bicycle horn in the "Manure Centre". That is almost as loud, and it's allowed in rinks. When that dreaded light starts turning behind Linden Rowat I will blow the **** out of it. HAHA.

I saw that. I was sitting in section E(108?) when that happened. I laughed my ass off. :laugh:. You were wearing your nelson jersey, right?

Big Ern
07-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Your perspective on how the division will look is COMPLETELY different than mine. I'll send you a message at the end of the season.

wardog fan
07-08-2007, 10:16 AM
my god has hell froze over, a pat fan saying nice things about the warrios???????? lol just kidding god if your a fan of hockey which we all are you gotta love the regina -jaw hockey feud.lol should be a great year of hockey once again. cant wait only a month till training camps start up

go warriors......

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Your perspective on how the division will look is COMPLETELY different than mine. I'll send you a message at the end of the season.

Well if I can recall, you have been wrong before. How do you think the division will look? Is SWIFTY in first place?

Big Ern
07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Well if I can recall, you have been wrong before. How do you think the division will look? Is SWIFTY in first place?

First of all, have I ever stated that I'm never wrong?

Secondly, no one can predict how this division will look this season, not even Lee Jones or Chris Hodges. This division will be a beauty to watch. I have a little bit of a feeling Regina might be up there somewhere, but when I think of their play for the longest stretch last season, I start doubting it.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I dont know where you guys think P.A got worse ..especially on defence. We havent lost a thing .

You lost deckert, who was your best player alot of the time. Aime has shown flashes of brilliance, but the Raider goaltending is still questionable nonetheless. And while PA did not get worse, the eastern division did get alot tougher.

wardog fan
07-08-2007, 06:57 PM
you know guys if we all predicted the outcomes we wouldnt have this wonderful game we all love to watch and talk. the schedule is made and the games will be played . nonetheless we all root and have home bias with our teams. i know im looking forward to yet another great year in the whl. but then again it makes for great talk to predict and debate. i think swift, p.a regina , the jaw and even toon town being very competive, i think the low lifes will be brandon, but then again they can surprise some. with the schedule and every division team playing each other 8 times makes the season very interesting . im sorry pat fans but i do not think you guys are clear cut favors in this division i think its nuts to even suggest that at this time. especially when your own owner is stating they dont have any scoring and need some.. that says alot ...... good luck to all and hope to chat and debate and maybe even have a beer together.
man we have the pleasure of watching the best junior hockey in the world, what a way to live..
oh i wouldnt be me if i didnt throw out a
go warriors.....
peace

patsdude114
07-08-2007, 10:05 PM
if the way PA finished the year last season is any indication on how the team may look at all there in trouble....not Deckert or Amie could save that team last year at the end team always found ways to loose...

Yes a new coach will be great for this team, i just dont see much of a change with PA yes as ur younger players get better so do every other teams younger players as they get older....

Ya i know the Pats could have some scoring problems but who know what these new euros can bring (as in every team that drafted new euros) but really all it is, is players with more of a defensive role will be called upon to be scorers...every player in this league has been a scorer sometime in there career or they wouldnt of gotten noticed to be drafted into this league...thats 1 thing that separates junior hockey from the NHL is junior u need ur 19 and 20 yr olds to produce where in the NHL take a guy like Josh Holden for example was a pure scorer in junior hockey but never got a chance to show his offensiveness in the NHL just wanted him to be a 3rd or 4th line center and now hes playing over seas.... guys on the pats like Hill, Gross, Leffler, will get the chance to be that offensive player again something they havent been since they were 14 and 15 yrs old...

Dwight Schrute
07-10-2007, 11:40 PM
if the way PA finished the year last season is any indication on how the team may look at all there in trouble....not Deckert or Amie could save that team last year at the end team always found ways to loose...

Yes a new coach will be great for this team, i just dont see much of a change with PA yes as ur younger players get better so do every other teams younger players as they get older....
a lot was coaching and the style of play with trach penner, the new german kid, along with smith depap, mcdonald, roberson, scoring wont be a problem like it was most of the last year.
deckert got hot in the playoffs but down the stretch wasnt very good
you could tell that there were some players who just couldnt wait for the season to be over
there are too many variables in the east. there isnt a frontrunner for 1st-last place it will be close, guessing who will come in last just doesnt work