PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Training Camp

Drop em' eh
07-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Unofficially,

Training camp registration is August 22nd at the Art Hauser Arena, and runs August 23rd to August 26th, with two exhibition games the week of August 27th – August 31st.

Dwight Schrute
07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
http://www.paherald.sk.ca/index.cfm?sid=44346&sc=5

may to the wild camp
gauthier to the leaf camp (raiderfan17 should be pleased)

Triton
07-12-2007, 11:46 PM
i just about pissed my pants there !!!!!!!!!!!!!wooooooooooooooooo!!!

Lol..it's only Gauthier.

Sabes
07-13-2007, 09:24 AM
A little suprised that guys like DePape, Mc Donald and Robertson haven't recieved an invite yet. I guess there is still time.

westernleague
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
A little suprised that guys like DePape, Mc Donald and Robertson haven't recieved an invite yet. I guess there is still time.
DePape is going to the Edmonton Oilers Camp as of yeserday.

Sabes
08-04-2007, 04:48 PM
DePape is going to the Edmonton Oilers Camp as of yeserday.

http://www.raiderhockey.com/newsrelease_depapeto.htm

confirmed

westernleague
08-04-2007, 08:56 PM
DePape lands NHL audition
Undrafted free-agent forward receives invitation to camp with Edmonton Oilers

RYAN BOULTON
Herald Staff

Forward Ryan DePape, 19, will likely return to the Prince Albert Raiders this season but will first get a look-see in the NHL camp of the Edmonton Oilers. Herald file photo

Last year was a big year in the development of Ryan DePape the hockey player.

That success didn't go unnoticed at the next level: the 19-year-old winger has received a free-agent tryout with the Edmonton Oilers.

Coming off a solid 2006-07 season that saw the six-foot-two, 215-pound power forward set career highs in goals (25), assists (31) and points (56), DePape is eager to attend his first professional camp.

"I am pretty excited. It's going to be a really good opportunity and a good experience no matter what," said the Winnipeg product. "I am just working out and getting fit so I am the best prepared I can be.

"I don't want to show up there and underachieve."

A constant in the Raiders' gym throughout the summer, DePape knows he has to follow up last season and is hoping it begins at the Oilers camp in early September.

"I am really going to take everything in and learn from the older guys," said DePape. "It's a big step for me and I am just looking forward to it."

Prince Albert general manager Donn Clark said there was a slew of interest in the undrafted DePape, who was chosen by the Raiders in the first round (fourth overall) in the 2003 WHL bantam draft. While it's expected he will return to Prince Albert midway through Raider training camp, which opens Aug. 22 at the Art Hauser Centre, Clark said this is a great opportunity for the winger to find out what he needs to do to move to the next level.

"We are really excited for Ryan," said Clark. "I really thought he would have been drafted, but this is a great opportunity for him and it helps him if he comes back."

Taking on larger roles with the Raiders last year, Clark said DePape responded well to the pressure and he is expecting more of the same from the forward in the upcoming season.

"Every year a player plays for you, his job within the team gets bigger," said Clark. "Ryan has taken strides every year and I think he's ready to take the next step."

DePape's invitation to Oilers camp gives the Raiders three veterans attending NHL auditions next month. Jeff May (Minnesota Wild) and Mike Gauthier (Toronto Maple Leafs) have also secured pro tryouts.

rboulton@paherald.sk.ca --->article with picture=--> http://www.paherald.sk.ca/index.cfm?sid=51637&sc=5