PDA

View Full Version : Craig McCallum

OpenFivehole
07-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Are the odds good of him making the team this year?

grainbear
07-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I believe he has now been listed by a Saskatchewan team

OpenFivehole
07-14-2007, 10:24 PM
WHL Saskatchewan or lower league?

grainbear
07-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Somehow I think he is listed by PA,I thought that there was a thread earlier in the last season regarding that, I also can confirm that he was not at the Hurricanes training camp last fall and was surprised at that time . I think that sometimes when we take a older player instead of a younger listed we at training camp may not be at the same level we do have the situations develop where the next year the don't return at their choice because the player has it in his mind set that he was better then those choosen. Part of maturity is handling rejection and secondly , you look at your options and maybe decide the playing the junior B and then going the US university route might be a better option. I think he definitely can play in this leaque and wish him well, and I agree that he might have been a better choice then a couple of the players who left the team through the season , Werenka a case in point.

Triton
07-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Somehow I think he is listed by PA,I thought that there was a thread earlier in the last season regarding that, I also can confirm that he was not at the Hurricanes training camp last fall and was surprised at that time . I think that sometimes when we take a older player instead of a younger listed we at training camp may not be at the same level we do have the situations develop where the next year the don't return at their choice because the player has it in his mind set that he was better then those choosen. Part of maturity is handling rejection and secondly , you look at your options and maybe decide the playing the junior B and then going the US university route might be a better option. I think he definitely can play in this leaque and wish him well, and I agree that he might have been a better choice then a couple of the players who left the team through the season , Werenka a case in point.

If it's PA, I sure haven't heard anything about that.

Trav
07-15-2007, 09:02 PM
that he was listed by the Warriors.

Warrior Fan
07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
when the AAA all star game was played later in the season.

Who knows now. I have read on other forums that he is listed with Edmonton but I haven't heard any confirmation of that from a single scout or staff member.

As far as I know he is listed with the Warriors.

Triton
07-22-2007, 10:07 PM
A cousin of mine played with Beardy's last season, so I'll ask him.

madman
07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
According the OCN website of the MJHL McCallum has committed to play in the MJHL this season. Looks like the natives flashed enough $$$ to get him to committ.

Warrior Fan
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
He is a small forward but was the best player on the ice at the AAA allstar game for sure.

That sounds good for him though maybe he should go the college route because he is a little small to play in the dub.

Triton
07-23-2007, 11:52 AM
He is a small forward but was the best player on the ice at the AAA allstar game for sure.

That sounds good for him though maybe he should go the college route because he is a little small to play in the dub.

Other than Rylan Schwartz, Travis Janke and Tyler Fiddler, McCallum was right there as the SMAAAHL's best players.

Anyone know who hold Schwartz's rights?

aaAlta
07-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Just because hes committed his Tier 2 rights to a MJHL team, doesnt mean he cant play W if the opportunity is presented. Plus I'm not sure about the too small thing. I would think hes about the same size as Boychuk, who seems to be managing rather well. Dont get me wrong, different guys, but size doesnt have to be a limit to greasy high skill guys. I remember McCallum playing with King in a Saskatoon tourney once where i think they each got six points in a game feeding and finishing for each other.

Warrior Fan
07-24-2007, 10:18 AM
WE will see him at camp I am sure if only to get in shape for his MJHL team. I am sure he will come and skate to see where he sits.

I like his skating and his skills but I thought he might be a little small and when I said that I though he was pushed of the puck a little easy and played the game a little small. Small guys can succeed but they have to be very forceful in their games.