PDA

View Full Version : Ondrej Fiala...a request for information

MVNWriter23
07-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Greetings. Let me introduce myself. My name is Derek Felska and I write for a website called Most Valuable Network (MVN). I cover the Minnesota Wild and I was wondering what you could tell me about Ondrej Fiala. I could read the little paragraphs places like McKeen's and The Hockey News kick out, but I want a 100% honest assessment from the fans. I think fans are keen observers who have little reason to glorify a player the way a paid scout does. I have written articles about other Wild prospects using fan information. Here is an example...

James Sheppard article (http://mvn.com/nhl-wild/2007/03/30/wild-prospect-preview-james-sheppard/)

The article is about another Wild 1st rounder, James Sheppard - and virtually all of the information I got from Cape Breton fans. I am not after learning dirt on Ondrej Fiala or writing a scathing editorial; I just want the most in-depth analysis of this guy from those who watch him a lot (you guys / gals).

For anyone who gives me information I am more than willing to cite you as a contributing source, afterall its YOUR information. So...what would I like to know?

Strengths: What are the best parts of Fiala's game? What does he do well on a consistent basis?

Weaknesses: What are his weakest parts of Fiala's game? What does he struggle with?

Work Ethic: I know you may not be privy to this; but what is he like at practices? Does he work his tail off at practices? Is his work ethic consistent during games? Does he work as hard in the offensive end as he does back in the defensive end?

Character & Leadership: What would you say Fiala's attitude is like? Is he a team player? Is a he a player exudes leadership on & off the ice?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

(By the way) the Tri-City Logo is because the Wild have drafted more from the Americans than any other in the WHL.