PDA

View Full Version : Super Series Ticket Prices

RDRebelsfan
07-15-2007, 09:09 PM
So I'm looking on ticketmaster here, someone explain why C.U.C in Saskatoon AND GM Place, GM ****ing Place is cheaper than the Centrium!!?

$45 and $70...while CUC and GM Place is considerably cheaper.

That is BS imo.

SectionNDeserter
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Half as many seats.

Shinyshoes
07-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Not to mention that they were AWARDED a game, they didn't have to BUY it. I think Brent would like to at least make a bit of his money back.

Rumor has it that for Brent to break even, he has to sell out the Centrium.

RebelFamily
07-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Also most of the time hockey Canada sets the price for tickets and they gaurentee a profit to sponsors and others.

FreddieFender
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Green fees, gasoline, groceries, and even houses are not consistent from city to city. Economics factors into it. Why should hockey tickets be any different?

Tinner
07-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Hockey Canada DOES NOT set the price of the tickets. They do however tell the prospective hosts what it will cost to host a game. That price is what they need to cover the team costs for the entire event divided by the number of "home" games plus admin fees.

I'm guessing, that as a favor to Brent, Red Deer was asked if they were interested in hosting a game even though our rink is considered smaller than what they would like to see. In order to host a game, Red Deer would have to pay the same as any other venue that is hosting a game, therefore, because we have less seating the cost of a ticket must increase.

I guess the question is: is the price ($55) for season ticket holders, more for walkups worth the price. BTW, the games will be shown on TV.

RDRebelsfan
07-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm trying to figure why the ends of the rink are $40 and why the sidelines lower and upper are $70?

Why that big gap between the two?

RebelFamily
07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
I would believe it is because they will have obstructed views, because TSN and Sportnet are carrying the games.

Tincup
07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Ticketmaster shows the ends being $45 - $70. lt could be that the $45 tickets are for the bleachers and standing room, where the $70 tickets are for actual seats.

RDRebelsfan
07-20-2007, 07:29 PM
regardless of the reasons $70 to see a junior hockey game, regardless if it's the best junior players being shown. $70 IMO is too much. $45 would've been somewhat reasonable if it was a set full base price.

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I managed to get a free ticket to the game in Saskatoon on September 5th,and even if I do not get the ticket for free, I still would have shelled out the money to buy one,and I am pretty sure the game in Saskatoon is pretty close to being sold out. Anyway for those of you who do go to the game,enjoy it,there is some very talented players on both teams.

Nature Boy
07-31-2007, 05:21 PM
We can't complain about the price ofthe tickets. A lot of bigger centres got a game. Go BGB is right ther will be a lot od good quality players in this game. So we should be happy that we got a game in this series. Besides if you are a seasons ticket holder you got first didb at a discount of 21% which is $55. We should also be happy because this will be the last time you see Brent Sutter behind the bnch in Red Deer. We should give him a standing ovation for all of the great work he has done.

Go Rebels Go

Tinner
08-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Like previously stated, we are paying a preimum price to go and see this game. It doesn't make sense. The game will be on TV. Now, will the game be a sellout or not? We are hockey fans, but to what extent!

RDRebelsfan
08-03-2007, 01:52 PM
If it was $40 base price all around like how normal Rebels ticket prices are, then yes I would have seriously considered going. But the fact that there is a $30 difference between the end seats ($40) and $70 for the sideline seats (lower AND upper) and the fact that it's going to be on TV just makes the decision THAT much easier. I think it will have a decent crowd, but will not be sold out.

Rebel Tiger
08-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Lets not forget the other arenas have 13,000 to 17,000 seats whereas Red Deer Has maybe 6,000.

WHL Rules
09-01-2007, 03:08 AM
If it was $40 base price all around like how normal Rebels ticket prices are, then yes I would have seriously considered going. But the fact that there is a $30 difference between the end seats ($40) and $70 for the sideline seats (lower AND upper) and the fact that it's going to be on TV just makes the decision THAT much easier. I think it will have a decent crowd, but will not be sold out.

With 7000 sold tickets I'd say it's more than sold out. :clap:
The price on StubHub.com is $80 for standing room and $140 for seat tickets right now.

RDRebelsfan
09-01-2007, 12:19 PM
With 7000 sold tickets I'd say it's more than sold out. :clap:
The price on StubHub.com is $80 for standing room and $140 for seat tickets right now.

yep I was wrong lol. People in Red Deer love their hockey and would any price.