PDA

View Full Version : Frederickson trade

grainbear
07-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I now see why the trade of Frederickson. With our second import draft pick signing with Hurricanes Sbisa has committed to playing in Canada. Wow, he is ranked 30 among European d-man and being just a 1990 I can,t wait to see how he develops , Stasiuk indicated in the draft that they took a flyer on him , and it produced a winner . Well done. A number of the swiss pro leaques were attempting to get him signed according to article. I see the defense now as being King, Wright, Versteeg, Panchysen, Craig, Kerr , Bobbee and Sbisa with Knudsen being traded unless King makes an AHL team . With the three way fight in goal also a battle royal the possible trade of one of them for either a draft pick for 2008 or another power forward . Let's get ready to rock and roll isn't it hokey season yet ?

hockey4
07-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I now see why the trade of Frederickson. With our second import draft pick signing with Hurricanes Sbisa has committed to playing in Canada. Wow, he is ranked 30 among European d-man and being just a 1990 I can,t wait to see how he develops , Stasiuk indicated in the draft that they took a flyer on him , and it produced a winner . Well done. A number of the swiss pro leaques were attempting to get him signed according to article. I see the defense now as being King, Wright, Versteeg, Panchysen, Craig, Kerr , Bobbee and Sbisa with Knudsen being traded unless King makes an AHL team . With the three way fight in goal also a battle royal the possible trade of one of them for either a draft pick for 2008 or another power forward . Let's get ready to rock and roll isn't it hokey season yet ?

not to dampen the mood but top 30 for euro d-men isnt all that great. Theres a handful of good ones in the NHL, but the most are just big guys that play 10 minutes a night and are not quick. Im glad the rebels didnt take a euro d-man, kukka was fine but he was one of only a few.

canes77
07-17-2007, 01:18 AM
If he plays up to his potential, I think Sbisa will be an asset to our team in the next 2 yrs...I agree with hockey4 that there arent many star Euro D-men in the NHL but I think that if a player can play even 10 minutes per game in the NHL, or in any decent pro league (remember the Swiss league is a respected league) he had to have been a pretty good player in his teens while in the WHL or whatever Jr league. Even if he is our #6 d-man this yr, as long as he can stop shots/goals, I'll be happy. :D

canes77
07-17-2007, 01:22 AM
I see the defense now as being King, Wright, Versteeg, Panchysen, Craig, Kerr , Bobbee and Sbisa with Knudsen being traded unless King makes an AHL team . With the three way fight in goal also a battle royal the possible trade of one of them for either a draft pick for 2008 or another power forward . Let's get ready to rock and roll isn't it hokey season yet ?

Do you think Panchysen will return this season? I hope he does but after what happened last yr, I'm not sure if he'll come back. He would complement our other big d-men well.

grainbear
07-17-2007, 05:16 PM
I recall Stasiuk stating earleir I belive it was on the Shaw Cable local news show that he was wanting to return and play for the Canes this year. Probably grew up a little or got the word from his agent that the SJHL was not were he should be playing , Oh well 45 days to training camp.

Caner
07-17-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure Panchyson is good enough to play on this years team. I wasn't overly impressed with his play or attitude (didn't he walk). He was also very soft in the defensive zone. But you never know, Stasiuk was shopping some players around. Maybe he's looking at a panchyson/knutsen pairing? :laugh:

LHF
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I heard from a very reliable source Randy King is not returning. He is instead going to school.

canes77
07-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Roy better start shopping around now...I dont want to see Knudsen as our overage d-man...We have too good of a team potential this yr to give him a roster spot.

Nielson11
07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I heard from a very reliable source Randy King is not returning. He is instead going to school.

I can confirm that Randy will not be back with the Canes....Roy mentioned it to me today...didn't say why or where he was off to though.

Nielson11
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I recall Stasiuk stating earleir I belive it was on the Shaw Cable local news show that he was wanting to return and play for the Canes this year. Probably grew up a little or got the word from his agent that the SJHL was not were he should be playing , Oh well 45 days to training camp.

Yup Panchyson will be back this season as a 19 year old...he looked ok at times last season...here's hoping he can succeed with a bigger role on the club.

Here's the blueline right now....

Wright, Versteeg, Knudsen, Panchyson, Kerr, Craige, Bobbee, Cbisa.....

With a great group of explosive forwards who could really do some damage this year I think the blueline may be the one area to improve a bit.

I would like to see this...unless ofcourse there were improvements.

Wright - Craige
Bobbee - Panchyson
Kerr - Versteeg (heads up)
Cbisa

But who knows....

P.S. Nice to know people watch Shaw :)

Caner
07-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Panchyson has shown he isn't nearly good enough to be in a top 4 and would be iffy to crack the line-up. Why do you think he left last year. Dustin, tough to determine who plays with who until after the exhibition games. Lots can change during the off season.

grainbear
07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
I will take your word for it that he is gone, looking through the last years rosters seems to be a fair amount of 20 year old d around , to push Knudsen for his overage postion if that is what the team wants. Might possible see only 2 20 year olds on the roster. Leaving room for the development of perhaps Sutherland or Yadlowski both 91 ,s . This would leave room for the possible addition of a significant addition at the trade deadline later in the season for an impact 20 year old from another team or perhaps a 19 year old d -man for our extra goalie. 43 days to training camp

aaAlta
07-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Wasnt Wright expected to be be out for awhile at the beginning, recovering from some injury or surgery or something? Wright can do it all when he's good to go, at the head of the D class.

Too bad about Randy King not coming back. He could anchor the D corps on the steady, strong front, with Kerr and Versteeg being the next guys on that role. I see Craige now, after Wright, leading the attacking D, with Bobbee and Cbisa being the guys behind him on that front. And then I guess you've got Knudson and Panchyson for depth. Its not all that different from last year in terms of players, but they are all a year stronger and more experienced.

shushu
07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Wasnt Wright expected to be be out for awhile at the beginning, recovering from some injury or surgery or something? Wright can do it all when he's good to go, at the head of the D class.

Too bad about Randy King not coming back. He could anchor the D corps on the steady, strong front, with Kerr and Versteeg being the next guys on that role. I see Craige now, after Wright, leading the attacking D, with Bobbee and Cbisa being the guys behind him on that front. And then I guess you've got Knudson and Panchyson for depth. Its not all that different from last year in terms of players, but they are all a year stronger and more experienced.
september will tell the tale. plus i'l bet there will be more changes to the back end and the team itself before the first drop of the puck. as for 20's the league is loaded full of them brandon is a good example, it wont be hard to find a good 20......................

aaAlta
07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Agreed, if Randy King is gone. Last time I looked, I thought that Knudson wasnt likely to stay the league at 20, no disrespect, its a tough cut at that age. But who knows after a good summer. Anyhow, hopefully Panchyson comes ready to play decently for the full year. I dont know that you'd be able to get much in trade for him considering last year. But maybe if hes looking solid you could get something useful making him part of a two for one deal. But you need at least one of those three (King, Knudson or Panchyson) or a new face back there, to have 7 to roster I think. Unless you have a 91 D ready to go.