PDA

View Full Version : White comfortable with Maple Leafs

Scout
07-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Courtesy Southwest Booster:

Last updated at 8:16 AM on 20/07/07

White comfortable with Maple Leafs
Former Broncos defenseman Ian White had the looked of a relaxed man at the Wellington West Capital Bronco Golf Classic on Friday afternoon. White had good reason to be after completing his rookie season in the National Hockey League with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"It was a good season. Obviously I wanted to make the club, and I accomplished that and from there I started to get more ice time and ended up getting a couple of points. Overall I am quite happy with the way it went," said White prior to hitting the golf course.

White tied for the lead among NHL rookie defenseman with 23 assists and 26 points. He also tied an NHL single game season high with a plus six rating on January 4th against the Boston Bruins.

After a busy NHL season in which he appeared in 76 games, White is enjoying the offseason.

"It is good, it always goes a little faster then you would like, but you get to come to events like this and golf and have a good time, go to the lake, relax and fish and just be yourself for a couple of months."

White signed a three-year contract extension in May and is glad to have the peace of mind that the deal brought him.

"Big time, My first real contract I did not have any idea how the process worked or how long it drags out. So I was kind of banking on it taking all summer long discussing it. But we were fortunate enough that they wanted to get it done quick."

White still enjoys returning to the city where he posted nearly a point a game on the Broncos blueline from 2000-04.

"Every time I run into one of the guys that I played with we talk about the old memories we have playing here and different stories we have about doing dumb things or whatever we used to do. It's great to be back and see all the guys."