PDA

View Full Version : Who's the colour guy?

loudi94
07-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Did they hire one yet?
Play-by-play guy sounds competent.
http://www.lethbridgehurricanes.com/index.php?p=142&newsID=3522

Nielson11
07-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Color guy will be Dick Gibson....he's on the board of directors.

loudi94
07-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Ok. Dick's been around the team forever. Who's going to do the road games, or do they not have colour for that?

Caner
07-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Color guy will be Dick Gibson....he's on the board of directors.

Oh ok, that won't be at all biassed. Why not another staff member to do the play by play as well. Personally I liked the duo from last year. He maybe a good guy but a board member on the radio sounds mickey mouse. Nielson, Will Stasiuk being doing the after game interviews?

grainbear
07-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Anyone who is in the know in Lethbridge knows that Gibson knows the game, knows the leaque , knows the board, scouts, and gm and most of the coachs in the WHL on a very good basis. With the play by play commentator coming from the west coast this will be the best tandem in the league. You may not agree right now but by the middle of the season you will see the light ! Excellent job , selecting Dick . Say what you want about the Canes during the last couple of years , this summer the executive and the gm deserve nothing but Kudo,s and if the coachs and players come together they will be first rate.I can not wait , for training camp to begin . When even our opposition fans down the road in Tiger country are commenting that we have an excellent team and the bells and whistles are ready to go off.

shushu
07-27-2007, 10:01 PM
i spoke to him a few times, seem very personable and does know the game rather well. also he has a good radio persona.....

loudi94
07-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I still want to know who's going to do the road games? As far as I know Dick still has a job.

grainbear
07-28-2007, 10:19 AM
It is going to be Siedlecki who was the play by play guy for Nanaimo Clippers for 5 years and before that the play by play gur for the Alberni Valley Bulldogs for 3 years. He has now moved his family here form Nananimo . Should know what hes doing I would assume with 8 years of calling hockey in previous locations.

loudi94
07-28-2007, 11:27 AM
It is going to be Siedlecki who was the play by play guy for Nanaimo Clippers for 5 years and before that the play by play gur for the Alberni Valley Bulldogs for 3 years. He has now moved his family here form Nananimo . Should know what hes doing I would assume with 8 years of calling hockey in previous locations.

Sorry I meant who's going to do the colour for the road games. AFAIK Dick is still teaching so going out of town will be tough.

Porkchop
07-28-2007, 09:49 PM
The colour guys have only done home games that last few years. Play by play guy was on his own for the road games. Nothing wrong with Gibson; however, it does seem wierd to have a team board member working on the play by play.

grainbear
07-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Looking at last year, the on the road color guy has usually been a news broadcaster from the oppositions town, sometimes newspaper and sometines radio or tv depending on the location. Some have worked and some leave a lot to be desired but it does at least give a somewhat different set of eyes and "mouth" to the game.