PDA

View Full Version : 20 Year Olds

dtnewbie_bronco
08-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Well I'm new to this site, i just wanted to get everyone else's opinions on our 20 year old situation this up and coming season.

Is Rakos coming back from czech?

And with the other three, Wilson, Leavold, Larochelle. Should we be looking for replacements? Or are we going to be ok? nhl3

Big Ern
08-03-2007, 07:36 AM
I think with Wilson, you have a very consistent defenseman. He'll be fine. R.J., you abseloutely need, because of his toughness. He adds a tonne of grit to the back end.

With a decent core of forwards and another guy coming in from overseas, I doubt that Danny will be coming back.

dtnewbie_bronco
08-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Well i guess we'll have to wait and see if Dean makes any moves. Go Broncos Go

dubfan
08-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I have a concern with the twenty year olds. I think RJ and Wilson will be fine if they come back and play their roles but Leavold is a worry if he comes into camp motivated and in SHAPE. If Leovold doesnt come into camp ready to play I hope they go looking for an experienced forward ASAP. The twenty year olds are important to the make up of the team and set the tone and character of the team. If you look at the successful teams of the recent past and look at their 20's you will see players having their career years. It will be interesting to see if Rakos attends the training camp as he would be a good 20 but he would also fill 2 spots. If Leovold isnt at the top of his game I would stick with Rakos as both a Euro and a 20, meaning one of the younger Euro's will not be on the team. Thoughts and ideas.

Toswammi
08-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I still think that we will be keeping RJ and Brady. We need RJ for the toughness and Brady can/will be a key player this year (he also has ties to our Kehler). Rakos does have the talent, but cant play consistent, i doubt he will be here past training camp and with Wilson i still hear the rumors that he is heading north for fire fighting, similar to Donny Lloyd.

Flathead
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I personally think that Wilson will be the odd man out. RJ is needed for his toughness, and played very smart hockey the last half of the year. Leovold and Rakos should both be a little more mature and can add a lot to the team if they stay out of the penalty box. I've always thought Wilson is too small, afraid to take a hit and got hit around pretty good last year in the playoffs. He does move the puck well and put up some nice numbers. Claffey, Doyle, Postma, RJ, Molle, and probally Greyeyes is who I think will be on the backend. Possibly another rookie or two that will rotate with Greyeyes.

Scout
08-13-2007, 07:17 AM
With the Broncos drafting Jan Dalecky in the import draft this season, i doubt very much that Rakos will return and take up a 20 year-old spot. That would leave us with three imports in Rakos, Steiler and Dalecky and we can only carry two. I agree with Flathead on Wilson. He is an offensive dman but is only 160lbs. and has a hard time clearing the net. With both Doyle and Postma being offensive dmen i can't see us keeping a third but i'm not the coach. I think we will be looking for a tougher player in the Tidball style. A guy who will allow our smaller offensive forwards some room. We were missing that element of intimidation last year. Sure we had guys who could hold there own in a scrap but we still missed the intimidation factor and with the Lucics and Klotz's on other teams we really had no one to take out these guys. Look at Saskatoon now. They not only have Garrett Klotz who stands 6'5" 235lbs and is a scrapper but they are also adding a guy named Kevin Philps who stands 6'7" and i believe weighs in at 250lbs. Who would we have on our team that can counter these guys. Both love to intimidate and drop the mitts.

Scout

SuckItUp
08-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree with you Scout. We need a TIDBALL type player. Last year yeah we had some guys that can go they are tough but we dont intimidate teams. Without that type of player team after team will continue to take liberties with our top lines. And as far as 20 year olds I dont see Rakos coming back. You cant have a Euro and a 20 yr old and not be a top line type player. As far as Wilson well the jury still out on him. He is NOT our top d-men and he is 20. I think we should look at trading him and give some younger guys more playing time.

dtnewbie_bronco
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I disagree, we don't need a Tidball type player at all. Sure we don't have a heavyweight but we have a number of guys that will fight anyone in the leauge, go down the list, Larochelle, Smith, Leavold, Weise, Molle and I would also expect Toulmin and Gervais to step it up in the fight deparetment. SHould be a good one

SuckItUp
08-17-2007, 01:20 PM
I disagree, we don't need a Tidball type player at all. Sure we don't have a heavyweight but we have a number of guys that will fight anyone in the leauge, go down the list, Larochelle, Smith, Leavold, Weise, Molle and I would also expect Toulmin and Gervais to step it up in the fight deparetment. SHould be a good one

Problems is those guys dont scare anybody. We had them last year and teams took liberties against our top players almost every night. And I am not saying that cant go or are not tough because they are its just that they dont make players think twice about throwing a Cheap shot.

Flathead
08-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Larochelle, imo, would be the only one that might fight anyone in the league.

Flathead
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
After reading Scout's very good article about 20's around the league. There is some very good talent that may be able to fit into our defense. Knudsen 6'4" 203, Kurceba 6'2" 195, Louis 6'4" 222. Anyone of these three would add some leadership and size to the backend. Thoughts?

d-man
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Any comments on how RJ, Leavold & Wilson have looked so far at camp?

patsdude114
08-24-2007, 11:02 PM
you guys need a so called tough guy someone who can fight Leavolds battles for him after he takes his cheap shots at players

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-25-2007, 02:47 AM
What??!! We have enough tough guys.

Here's what you need: You guys need a new GM, a new attitude, some half-passionate fans, and some offense....and a new arena, because yours stinks.

Stick to your forum, watch your own training camp, and don't attempt to inflict negativity at this time.

Peace.

You say that after dissing an entire franchise? Aww... is someone still sour about a playoff loss to old "football town"?

I could say the same thing in regards of offence to you(and by the looks of the last post, attitude as well) , because the last time I checked, the Pats have more returning offence than your broncos do.

As for our arena, it has gotten alot better lately, with better seats, and some more renovations. I suggest you check it out this season.

Lastly, You, of all people should know not paint all pats fans with the same brush. Regina may be a football town, but there are many passionate pats fans here. Not too many as passionate as you are, but I know that every year since '97, I have watched the pats play at least 30 games a season, and I know many others like myself that have stuck through the crappier years as a pats fan when we were not winning.

Big Ern
08-25-2007, 07:23 AM
You say that after dissing an entire franchise? Aww... is someone still sour about a playoff loss to old "football town"?

I could say the same thing in regards of offence to you(and by the looks of the last post, attitude as well) , because the last time I checked, the Pats have more returning offence than your broncos do.

As for our arena, it has gotten alot better lately, with better seats, and some more renovations. I suggest you check it out this season.

Lastly, You, of all people should know not paint all pats fans with the same brush. Regina may be a football town, but there are many passionate pats fans here. Not too many as passionate as you are, but I know that every year since '97, I have watched the pats play at least 30 games a season, and I know many others like myself that have stuck through the crappier years as a pats fan when we were not winning.

I apologize for the outburst. I felt this was a great thread until the post I referred to ruined it. But in truth, I replied too harshly.

Peace.

Flathead
08-25-2007, 09:51 AM
you guys need a so called tough guy someone who can fight Leavolds battles for him after he takes his cheap shots at players
watch the Leovold, Dorsett fight in the fight forum. he can stick up for himself just fine.

2,5,andagame
08-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I agree with you Scout. We need a TIDBALL type player. Last year yeah we had some guys that can go they are tough but we dont intimidate teams. Without that type of player team after team will continue to take liberties with our top lines. And as far as 20 year olds I dont see Rakos coming back. You cant have a Euro and a 20 yr old and not be a top line type player. As far as Wilson well the jury still out on him. He is NOT our top d-men and he is 20. I think we should look at trading him and give some younger guys more playing time.

How about a KARL BENKE type player??? Boogaard'd

SuckItUp
08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
You can keep your SMART A$$ comments to you self. Good name to bring up. Look around the league and in the NHL and most teams have at least one tough guy. They are needed and their is room for them and NOT Benke.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
How about a KARL BENKE type player??? Boogaard'd

Well let's think about that for a second. Only if we can bring back Boris Leckovic to back him up.

Moose Mcthang
08-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Is there any chance Donny Williams is still under 20?

Johnsy05
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Do u mean donny lloyd? if so no he is 21 this year and im not sure we would want him back anyways there will be better players let go by other teams around the league.

Toswammi
08-28-2007, 05:05 PM

The Euro from Sweden we had a few years back???

CrazyGeorge
08-28-2007, 06:56 PM
You could be refering to Bobby Williams...he was a Swedish player that was a Bronco for a time being but he'd be over 20 for sure...