PDA

View Full Version : 20 year olds

Ms. Hockey
03-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Who do you all predict to be 20 year olds next year for your team?
Justin Bernhardt???
Jonathan Bubnick???
Rylan Gebhart???
Jordan McGillivray???
Adam Ward???
My picks would be Bubnick, McGillivray and Ward, but I don't get to see the Pats play much, so I'd like to hear opinions from others!

Number_4
03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I agree with you. Bubnick and McGillvray for sure, and after seeing the way Ward played last night, he should stay too. However, this is all assuming Parker doesnt go off the deap end and trade someone away. For the prerequiste 'younger' player. 'Cuz the pats need to get younger.

Sorry... I get sarcastic first thing in the morning.... especially after the game I saw last night. Ward made that game as entertaining as it was.... just listening to him yell at his D was amusing enough.

Number_4
03-10-2005, 12:19 PM
honestly,and not cocky.they should trade any 20 and 19 year olds as they can for young talent.cuz they probably wont be good next year either

This is exactly why the Pats are in the situation they are in now. The constant trading older players away for younger, not as developed players. This is not helping at all. Not only are we calling up and relying on mostly rookies (That could use another year of development) we are not winning, and teaching our rookies that we never will be successful. Its hard on the team to lose all the time, and its a moral that carries over year after year (thanks to Parker). I say we should keep the team's nuclus intact, and at least keep around McGillvray, Bubnick and Ward, and try to keep for the most part, at least 2 decent lines from this season. I honestly think that Parker should maybe address our size issue (but even with our prospects, that wont be an issue), and thats about it.

We will be losing Rypin, Appleby and Hill next year, all solid players, and they will be missed. Rypin especially will be missed, but hopefully others will step up. Honestly, trading away young talent or older developed players wont help at all. We have to be patient (although I honestly dont buy that line from Parker). Cuz really, trading players away wont do anything now. We have the future, and thats about it. Unfortunatly for us, our future is the players that are playing for us now, instead of another year of development. sigh. Gotta love Patsland.

witness
03-11-2005, 10:01 AM
He will only be 17 next year. I think they will keep Bubnick. I don't see them keep Ward on as a 20. And whether they keep on Jordan or not is going to depend on what will be available for 20 year olds in the league next year. If the NHL stays on strike there might be a number of players available that might be more of an impact type.

Number_4
03-11-2005, 10:40 AM
The question with Ward is not whether he will stay, its really in what capacity. Reekie is a good back-up, but he just wasnt ready for the starting role. I can see them bringing up their goaltender from the AAA Warriors to back up Ward for next year. The young guy is a really good goalie and they will prolly want him up next year, second string to a good goaltender who can handle the starting role. But I can also see Parker trying to find another goalie, but it would depend on who's avalible, and the price.

But then, the Pats have been really consistant with one thing: Goaltending has always been a surprise at camp. There is always someone good challenging for the top position each year.

raiderfan17: The harding mess... oh boy, dont get me started on that... and it was even before that that they got screwed over by Parker... Mem cup.

Fight Guy
03-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I think they will keep Bubnick and McGillivray. I dont see them keeping Ward...unless he impresses in camp. Bernhardt is not 19...he is 17 or 18. Not sure as I think both the WHL site and the Pats have his date of birth crewed up. Gebhart...I could see him coming back. He has played well in some games this year, but will have to be good during camp if he wants to stay. I think the Pats will end up with a new third 20 yr old next season.

Furback
03-14-2005, 05:54 PM
bernhardt is 20 he turned in febuary I think Fightfan you should know this arnt you a pats fan?

Triton
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
You don't know too much do you furback...cause Justin is born on Feb 25/88,making him NOT 20!

Furback
03-14-2005, 11:16 PM
It says on the whl site that he was born in 1985 go check it out maybe there wrong

Triton
03-15-2005, 12:06 AM
I have a Pats program as well as I checked out their website and they both claim he's an '88.

Furback
03-15-2005, 10:14 PM
I believe you im just saying whl site is wrong thats were i got my info can you ever forgive me canadian. Im so sorry your right i know nothing I agree with you how could i live with myself getting wrong info?

Tinner
03-16-2005, 08:42 AM
You don't know too much do you furback...cause Justin is born on Feb 25/88,making him NOT 20!

According to the WHL website, and the player listing area, Justin ISa 20 year old born FEB 25, 1985. I think an apology is in order :turkey:

Triton
03-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Check out the Pats website.It says '88.This is Justin's first year in the league isn't it?And no I'am right so no apology is in the works.Get YOUR facts right before you start throwing out demands.

Golks
03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Considering he played 'AAA' Midget for Yorkton last year. Pretty safe to say he won't be a 20 year old next season.

Furback
03-16-2005, 06:02 PM
I didnt go on his bio i just looked at his birthday and on the whl site it says he is 20 i usually dont check more than one site for info.