PDA

View Full Version : New Coach

MidgetAAA
08-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Two sources say that they expect Mark Holick to be the next head coach of the Kootenay Ice. Holick, who turns 39 on Sept. 5, will replace Cory Clouston, who left after five seasons as the Ice’s head coach and now is head coach of the AHL’s Binghamton Senators. . . . Holick signed a three-year deal as GM/head coach of the BCHL’s Vernon Vipers on May 11. He coached the Vipers to the league final last season, then added the GM’s duties to his job description when Troy Mick resigned to sell real estate in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. . . . Just last week, Holick was named to the coaching staff of the Canada West team that will play in the World Junior A Challenge in Trail and Nelson, B.C., Nov. 5-11. He replaced Tim Kehler, who stepped down as GM/head coach of the BCHL’s Trail Smoke Eaters to join the Swift Current Broncos as an assistant coach. . . . The Smokies may name Darren Rommerdahl, the head coach of the midget AAA Calgary Buffaloes, as their new GM/head coach. . . . Boris Rybalka of the AJHL’s Camrose Kodiaks is the head coach of Canada West, with Dwight McMillan, the longtime head coach of the SJHL’s Weyburn Red Wings, the other assistant.........You can read it at http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

fightstrap50
08-05-2007, 11:08 PM
hey thanks for the info, is Mark a great coach ready to step into a big role and take us somewhere? I prersonally havent heard of him so any info is great. sounds like hes beena round the block and ready to make a move to the major junior level.

Here's hoping for sucess either way, GO ICE GO!!!

nivek_wahs
08-06-2007, 08:22 AM
The original info is found on Gregg Drinnan's blog under "Sunday's Servings"... http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

BruinsFan19
08-06-2007, 01:49 PM
This is on the Vipers web site:

holick leaving vipers
by viper staff | Added 2007-08-06

(Vernon)—The Vernon Vipers would like to announce the resignation of Head Coach and General Manager Mark Holick effective immediately. Mark is leaving the Vipers to pursue other opportunities in hockey.

Holick leaves the Vipers after just one season in Vernon in which he lead the team to a 2nd place finish in the Interior Conference with a record of 37-19-1-3. The great season would be capped off with an Interior Championship after the Vipers defeated the Penticton Vees in the Interior final.

The Vipers organization would like to thank Mark for his contribution to the club and wish him and his family all the best in the future. The search for his replacement begins immediately

Spungy
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the information!!

Today at work a couple of people said they heard an announcement was going to be made later this week....

don't know what about though :D

Thanks again, sounds promising!

BruinsFan19
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
No problem.

I got to know Mark when he coached in St. Albert and I lived in Edmonton. Him and his family are great. They treat their players really well. I know he's been wanting to move up to the Dub for awhile now so I'm sure he'll make the most of this opportunity.

fightstrap50
08-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Great to hear we have this worked out somewhat now, by the sounds of things on other boards Mark is a great guy and a great coach too. Welcome to Cranbrook Mark and family!

Here's to a great season and a new oportunity for you to step up into the WHL.

GO ICE GO!!!