PDA

View Full Version : Home Opener

Bran
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
So the league finally released the schedule...No exhibition home games? The closest we get is vs. Swift Current in Kindersley (though TicketMaster says the game is at the Brandt Centre). Home opener is Sunday, Sept. 23rd vs. Prince Albert. Game time is 2:00. The home opener was Saturday the 23rd last year. Not that it matters, lol. It was one of two games I missed last year. :(

Fight Guy
08-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Kinda choked there are no home exhibition games. Oh well though...at least the home opener is four or five hours earlier than it could have been :skeptical

nivek_wahs
08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Here's the full sched from the Leaderpost... http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=6e328133-0280-40c3-ac39-a47a55f73243

Pats facing the regular road trips

Greg Harder, The Leader-Post
Published: Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The 2007-08 WHL schedule features the usual challenges for the Regina Pats.

The main issue involves extended road trips due to previous bookings at their home rink, the Brandt Centre. The initial conflicts are in late August and early September due to the Royal Red horse show, followed by Country Music Week, which is held in conjunction with the Canadian Country Music Awards.

Combined with other concerts and one-night special events, the Pats will be unable to stage a home exhibition game this season and won't hold any of their training camp at the Brandt Centre.

Camp opens Aug. 22 in White City.

"We don't get into our building to practise until, I think, the day before our home opener, which isn't ideal by any stretch," said Pats GM Brent Parker, whose team has three extended road trips this season. "We've got some challenges, but everybody has some in their schedule. You don't like it but you understand it. Like I've said before, when all is said and done, you get 36 (games) at home and 36 on the road. How you get to that sometimes is a little bit different but you always end up with that same number."

The Pats are to play seven straight road games in November, five of which comprise their annual West Coast trip. This year's jaunt is through the U.S. Division. The seven games are to be played over a span of 13 days.

The Pats are also slated to play six straight road games during the Scotties Tournament of Hearts at the Brandt Centre. However, since the events are spread out over the season, Regina still has a balance of 18 road games in the first half of the schedule and 18 in the second half.

"Our schedule for our West Coast swing through the States is one of the better schedules from a travel standpoint that we've had, which is always important," added Parker. "And I think we ended up with 30 weekend and holiday dates at home, which was good.

"I think it's an adequate schedule. It wasn't one that we were disappointed with when we were done. We've certainly had a lot worse, that's for sure."

REGINA PATS 2007-08 WHL SCHEDULE

Preseason

Sept. 1: Kamloops vs. Regina, 11 a.m. (Edmonton tournament).
Sept. 2: Prince George vs. Regina, 3 p.m., Edmonton.
Sept. 3: Kelowna vs. Regina, 11 a.m., Edmonton.
Sept. 8: Regina at Saskatoon, 7:05 p.m.
Sept. 9: Regina at Medicine Hat, 6 p.m.
Sept. 14: Regina vs. Swift Current, 7:30 p.m., Kindersley.

Regular Season

Sept 21: Regina at Prince Albert, 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 23: P.A. at Regina, 2 p.m.
Sept. 28: Red Deer at Regina, 7 p.m.
Sept. 29: Regina at Brandon, 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 30: Calgary at Regina, 6 p.m.

Oct. 5: Moose Jaw at Regina, 7 p.m.
Oct. 7: Regina at Edmonton, 2 p.m.
Oct. 8: Regina at Saskatoon, 2:05 p.m.
Oct. 12: Kootenay at Regina, 7 p.m.
Oct. 13: P.A. at Regina, 7 p.m.
Oct. 14: Regina at Moose Jaw, 7 p.m.
Oct. 17: Lethbridge at Regina, 7 p.m.
Oct. 19: Prince George at Regina, 7 p.m.
Oct. 20: Regina at P.A., 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 24: Swift Current at Regina, 7 p.m.
Oct. 26: Regina at P.A., 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 27: P.A. at Regina, 7 p.m.
Oct. 30: Regina at Swift Current, 7:30 p.m.

Nov. 2: Moose Jaw at Regina, 7 p.m.
Nov. 4: Brandon at Regina, 6 p.m.
Nov. 9: Saskatoon at Regina, 7 p.m.
Nov. 10: Edmonton at Regina, 7 p.m.
Nov. 11: Regina at Brandon, 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 14: Regina at Medicine Hat, 8 p.m.
Nov. 16: Regina at Spokane, 9 p.m.
Nov. 17: Regina at Tri-City, 9:05 p.m.
Nov. 20: Regina at Portland, 9 p.m.
Nov. 21: Regina at Seattle, 9:05 p.m.
Nov. 23: Regina at Everett, 9:35 p.m.
Nov. 30: Medicine Hat at Regina, 7 p.m.

Dec. 1: Kootenay at Regina, 7 p.m.
Dec. 4: Brandon at Regina, 7 p.m.
Dec. 6: Regina at Edmonton, 8 p.m.
Dec. 7: Regina at Red Deer, 8:30 p.m.
Dec. 9: Kelowna at Regina, 2 p.m.
Dec. 12: Regina at Saskatoon, 7:05 p.m.
Dec. 14: Moose Jaw at Regina, 7 p.m.
Dec. 15: Regina at Moose Jaw, 7 p.m.
Dec. 27: Regina at Brandon, 7 p.m.
Dec. 29: Regina at Saskatoon, 7:05 p.m.
Dec. 30: Saskatoon at Regina, 6 p.m.

Jan. 1: Swift Current at Regina, 2 p.m.
Jan. 5: Lethbridge at Regina, 7 p.m.
Jan. 6: Regina at Swift Current, 7 p.m.
Jan. 11: Vancouver at Regina, 7 p.m.
Jan. 12: Swift Current at Regina, 7p.m.
Jan. 15: Brandon at Regina, 7 p.m.
Jan. 18: Regina at Kootenay, 8 p.m.
Jan. 19: Regina at Calgary, 8 p.m.
Jan. 20: Regina at Lethbridge, 8 p.m.
Jan. 25: Regina at Medicine Hat, 8:30 p.m.
Jan. 26: Regina at Swift Current, 7:30 p.m.
Jan. 27: Saskatoon at Regina, 6 p.m.

Feb. 1: Saskatoon at Regina, 7 p.m.
Feb. 2: Red Deer at Regina, 7 p.m.
Feb. 5: Medicine Hat at Regina, 7 p.m.
Feb. 8: Regina at Moose Jaw, 7 p.m.
Feb. 9: Moose Jaw at Regina, 7 p.m.
Feb. 15: Regina at Kootenay, 8 p.m.
Feb. 16: Regina at Lethbridge, 7 p.m.
Feb. 19: Regina at Calgary, 8 p.m.
Feb. 20: Regina at Red Deer, 8 p.m.
Feb. 22: Regina at P.A., 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 23: Regina at Saskatoon, 7:05 p.m.
Feb. 27: Kamloops at Regina, 7 p.m.
Feb. 29: Chilliwack at Regina, 7 p.m.

March 2: Calgary at Regina, 6 p.m.
March 7: Edmonton at Regina, 7 p.m.
March 8: P.A. at Regina, 7 p.m.
March 12: Regina at Moose Jaw, 7 p.m.
March 14: Brandon at Regina, 7 p.m.
March 15: Regina at Brandon, 6:30 p.m.

© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2007

patsdude114
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
im very disappointed that our home opener is a 2pm start...im NOT a fan of the afternoon games at all i buy season tickets for evening entertainment in the winter not sunday afternoons when i can be watching NFL football during the day instead.......

I know alot of season ticket holders around me feel the same way about afternoon games (just not to watch NFL football) but for the evening entertainment...

but the reason i really hate the damn afternoon games is cuz my section get packed full with a minor hockey team, and IN and OUT all FRICKEN game.....last year this parent was sitting below me but was jsut as bad as the kids and hed stand there and watch the game at times i finally had enough and told him i dont almost 400 bucks a season to look at the back of someones head during the games....put a end to him standing to watch the game tho

patsdude114
08-08-2007, 04:43 PM
also got 4 home and home series 2 against MJ 1 against PA early in the season and then finish the season with a home and home with Brandon

nivek_wahs
08-09-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm kinda choked that the home opener is a Sunday afternoon... but when the team doesn't even get to practice in the Brandt until the day before I guess they have to make do.