PDA

View Full Version : New Topic....

Big Ern
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
One of the guys keeps telling me that I should "get the juices flowing on the forum," because "that's what it's for." He goes on to say that the forum is completely dead lately.

Anyone have any topic ideas that would start a bit of a "back-and-forth thing?" HAHA.

If you do have an arguable idea, post it. Let's get the forum "alive again." :p

Scout
08-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Very little Bronco news over the summer besides the announcement on who the new assistant coach is. They have released very little news. Never did hear how the Wellington West/ Bronco golf tourny went and how much money it made for the club. Never did hear how the hall of fame was. When theres not much news being released by the club its kind of hard to comment on anything. It will pick up soon.

Scout

d-man
08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Very little Bronco news over the summer besides the announcement on who the new assistant coach is. They have released very little news. Never did hear how the Wellington West/ Bronco golf tourny went and how much money it made for the club. Never did hear how the hall of fame was. When theres not much news being released by the club its kind of hard to comment on anything. It will pick up soon.

Scout
Also never heard if Dean signed his contract :confused:

"To get the juices flowing..." who will captain the team this year?

2,5,andagame
08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
"To get the juices flowing..." When will the rink be closed in?

"To get the juices flowing..." Who will be the better coach in the season opener - Deano or Hunch?

"To get the juices flowing..." Will Big Ern apply for the PR job?

Big Ern
08-08-2007, 08:35 PM

"To get the juices flowing..." Who will be the better coach in the season opener - Deano or Hunch?

WOW. Great topics! (Except the Big Ern PR question. LOL...COME ON.)
I'm not going to attempt any answers until someone else does.

I will attempt to answer one: Captain? Zack Smith. I think he's the logic choice.

broncos
08-08-2007, 09:05 PM
my guess for captain= rj larochelle

stick boy
08-08-2007, 11:07 PM
In my mind Zack Smith is the best choice for Captain, plus he can wear the C for two seasons.

Scout
08-09-2007, 07:35 AM
I doubt the rink will be done in time and as for a backup plan? I have no idea. I t will be weird having training camp at Fairview rink. As for captain, i also think it may be Zack Smith.

Scout

Scout
08-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Your right. I never heard whether Dean was resigned. Last i heard there was a verbal agreement. Wonder why there has been very little news releases on whether Dean was signed. I think Eldons contract was also up and never heard whether he resigned.

Scout

d-man
08-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Your right. I never heard whether Dean was resigned. Last i heard there was a verbal agreement. Wonder why there has been very little news releases on whether Dean was signed. I think Eldons contract was also up and never heard whether he resigned.

Scout
Its up to Dean to sign Elden and to hire an asst coach so with Kehler hired I would assume Dean has signed. Odd that there was never a release to inform the public like every other sports organization in the world does. At least to inform shareholders of a community owned team would make sense.

Captain? Zack is logical but I wouldn't dismiss Wiess either

dubfan
08-10-2007, 11:59 AM
What about Levi Nelson as the captain. I think he is an emotional leader and if he has the "C" it may make him a little more disciplined, which will help his game and in turn will help the team. Zack would also be a good choice as he is a consistent hard worker and stoic leader type. To add for discussion, what about the "A"' as well.

ointhecreek
08-10-2007, 09:40 PM
What about Levi Nelson as the captain. I think he is an emotional leader and if he has the "C" it may make him a little more disciplined, which will help his game and in turn will help the team.
Which is why he shouldn't wear the C, he lets his emotions get the worst of him and gets to undisciplined. Can't keep rookies on the straight and narrow if he can't control himself.
I think Zack would be a good choice or even Molle.

CrazyGeorge
08-11-2007, 12:46 AM
My pick for captain is Zack Smith with assistants going to RJ Larochelle, Dale Weise, Levi Nelson...Leavold was a thought at first but he is not leadership material in my opinion...even Nelson could be questioned but I'm thinking he'll get an "A", just a hunch. Thoughts on Wilson getting a letter?

Toswammi
08-11-2007, 11:37 AM

NO....We should leave it open and take advantage of a huge home ice advantage.

Toswammi
08-11-2007, 11:38 AM
What about Bortis for capt'n (ass't) consideration???

CrazyGeorge
08-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Isi it usally one captain and 2 assistants OR one captain and 3 assistants? For myself, I think RJ Larochelle and Zac Smith will get a letter. The other letters given out in my opinion whether its 2 assistants or 3, could go to a variety of players. I like the odds of either Weise or Nelson or Bortis or Wilson...an outside shot would be Leavold. Perhaps by giving him a letter, he'd smarten up a bit but like I said, outside shot. Just my thoughts on that...what's yours? My guess is a good as anyone elses

Scout
08-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Last year we had different A's for at home and on the road. As for Leovold, i thought he came back last year with a different attitude and gave it his all. I would think R.J. would have a letter along with Nelson. Not sure if the players pick the captain or the coaches. Some teams the players pick and on other teams the coaches pick. Not sure who the best leader is and who is the most vocal in the room.

Scout

Toswammi
08-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Last year we had different A's for at home and on the road. As for Leovold, i thought he came back last year with a different attitude and gave it his all. I would think R.J. would have a letter along with Nelson. Not sure if the players pick the captain or the coaches. Some teams the players pick and on other teams the coaches pick. Not sure who the best leader is and who is the most vocal in the room.

Scout

IIRC but the players pick the C and the coaches pick the A's