PDA

View Full Version : Announcement?

Bran
08-13-2007, 09:55 PM
From Rod's blog...

620 CKRM's Sportsline program will be broadcast live tonight at 6:05pm MT from the Regina Pats Wickenheiser Golf Classic at Wascana Golf and Country Club.

The Pats and 620 CKRM will make a major announcement off the top of the show, and in the 2nd segment our guest will be Saskatchewan Roughriders linebacker #9 Reggie Hunt.

On this week's edition of Press Coverage at 6:50pm, The Hedgehog Chad Jeremy chats with feisty Edmonton Eskimos Voice Bryan Hall.

Your calls are welcome at 936-6262 in the Regina exchange or toll free at 1-866-767-0620. We can also be reached via email at sportsline@620ckrm.com

-

Was anyone listening? Happen to know what they were talking about?

nivek_wahs
08-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Hmmmmm... I never heard anything. I'm going to have to watch the news.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-14-2007, 03:32 AM
They are probably announcing somethign like CKRM is going to be covering the pats for a few more years.

I know, Im blown away from the magnitude from that surprise too.

nivek_wahs
08-14-2007, 08:16 AM
They are probably announcing somethign like CKRM is going to be covering the pats for a few more years.

I know, Im blown away from the magnitude from that surprise too.You hit the nail on the head...

from Rodpederson.com

Last night at the 10th annual Doug Wickenheiser Golf Classic the Regina Pats and 620 CKRM made a major announcement on Sportsline, which was broadcast live from the Wascana Golf and Country Club.

"We're announcing that effective today, we've signed a new 3-year agreement to continue on our partnership of broadcasting Regina Pats hockey on 620 CKRM both home and away," said Harvard Broadcasting Station Manager Michael Olstrom.

The current deal began in 1995, and will continue until at least 2010.

"With 620's involvement with the Riders, Rams and ourselves it's a tremendous partnership and one we're excited to continue on for three more years and hopefully many more years after that," commented Pats GM Brent Parker.

Please hold your applause.

Seriously though, that amounts to a new 3-year contract extension for me which is always good news.

We currently have the Riders through 2014.

Bran
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Haha, wow!

While it may not be terribly exciting, I suppose it is a pretty big deal...What would we do without a radio station?? Now that I think about it I do remember last season that the radio contract would be up soon. And it means Rod's still got a job at the end of the football season so I guess that's a good thing!

patsrock83
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
either way we would have a radio station that covered the games hell maybe rob vanstone could be the new play by play man. lol