PDA

View Full Version : New Game - Predict The 20 yr olds

Sabes
03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Who do you think the 20 yr olds for each team will be. We can look back on this thread in Sept and see who is right/wrong.

mccabe23
03-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Should be intersting next year for Kelowna as only four players will be eligable for the 20 year old spots.

Shea Weber
Liam Couture
Troy Bodie
Lauris Darzins

I don't expect either Weber or Darzins to be back. Bodie and Couture should have two of the spots locked up and Bruce Hamilton will likely trade for a pretty decent 20yr old next season. Kelowna will have a wealth of 19 yr olds next year which should make them a contender once again. Go Rockets!!!

Knuckles Muldoon
03-10-2005, 08:42 PM
In Vancouver, it will be Bartley and Albers. They'll go outside to get their third. There's nobody else here I'd keep.

RDRebelsfan
03-10-2005, 09:04 PM
In Red Deer I'll go with Johnson, Rome and Kuukka

loudi94
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
For the Hurricanes I see:
Ashton
Olafson
Seabrook

If any of these guys move up to pro add Mezei.

Triton
03-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I'll say Novak,Kozak and Schafer.But there could be a possibility that Colliton and Rejean return and if thats the case,it will be Rejean,Jeremy,and Schafer.I doubt they will keep Waker,and Erickson around.

a7x
03-10-2005, 09:48 PM
For the Hawks it will be Da Silva, Woolger, and if the NHL still isn't up it will also be Coburn.. unless he goes to the AHL.

Tipped Off
03-11-2005, 11:22 AM
The Tips have the following 6 turning 20 (85 borns). Let me be the first to say I'm not sure how exactly the age cutoff works, so I'm not sure if they all count as 20 year olds next season (Kress doesn't turn 20 until September, the other five are all 20 by July):

Mike Wall
Torrie Wheat
Mark Kress
Ryan Blatchford
Shaun Heshka
Ivan Baranka

Of these six, I would give the goalie job to Leland Irving and let Wall go. You have to keep one of the only offensive weapons you've got...Wheat. I think Baranka will go play in the ECHL or some other "pro" league. So that leaves Kress, Blatch and Heshka for two spots. Heshka is the best d-man returning, so you gotta keep him & I'd have to go with fan favorite Kress in the 3rd spot. Leaving Blatchford as trade bait or a cut casualty.

Beaner
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
The Tips have the following 6 turning 20 (85 borns). Let me be the first to say I'm not sure how exactly the age cutoff works, so I'm not sure if they all count as 20 year olds next season (Kress doesn't turn 20 until September, the other five are all 20 by July):

It just goes by what year the player was born. Born in '85 you are a 20yr. old.

Thus you can have someone be only 15 and considered a 16yr. old, playing full time in the Dub since their birthday is considered a "late" birthday IE: Oct, Nov. Dec.

So you get the situation with someone like Gilbert Brule, born Jan. 1st '87, thus he is considered a 17yr. old; if he had been born on Dec. 31st '86 he would be an 18yr old right now.

Where it gets tricky is with the NHL Draft, where they have a cutoff for draft eligibility of Sept. 15th.

Here's the info from, http://proicehockey.about.com/cs/prospects/a/nhl_draft_basic.htm

Players who turn 18 by September 15 can be drafted, but only if they "opt in" by declaring their draft eligibility. Most promising young players choose to opt in, and the highest draft picks are almost always used to select 18-year-olds.

Those who turn 19 by September 15 and are not older than 20 by December 31 are automatically eligible for selection. In addition, non-North American players over the age of 20 are eligible.

As of 2004, the NCAA allows 18-year-old players from Division I schools to enter the draft. Drafted players retain their college eligibility as long as they don't play for a professional team or hire an agent. In previous years, an 18-year-old who opted into the draft lost his NCAA eligibility.

A North American player who is not drafted by the age of 20 is an unrestricted free agent. All non-North Americans must be drafted before being signed, regardless of age.

A junior hockey player can re-enter the draft if he does not receive a contract offer within one year of being drafted, is not signed by his NHL team within two years of being drafted and is 20 years old or younger at the time of the subsequent draft. NHL teams retain the rights to college players until 30 days after the player has left college.

A player who has been drafted a second time cannot re-enter.

Thus, using Gilbert as an example, he is a 17yr. old in the eyes of CHL, but since he is 18 right now, he is draft eligible.

ihlemic10
03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Mike Wall
Torrie Wheat
Mark Kress
Ryan Blatchford
Shaun Heshka
Ivan Baranka

Of these six, I would give the goalie job to Leland Irving and let Wall go. You have to keep one of the only offensive weapons you've got...Wheat. I think Baranka will go play in the ECHL or some other "pro" league. So that leaves Kress, Blatch and Heshka for two spots. Heshka is the best d-man returning, so you gotta keep him & I'd have to go with fan favorite Kress in the 3rd spot. Leaving Blatchford as trade bait or a cut casualty.

I completely agree with that. Even though Blatchford is dependable, he needs to be cut for Kress. I think Heshka will get the C, Wheat keeps his A and Kress gets an A.

ScottyWazz
03-11-2005, 12:17 PM
The Hitmen's '85's will be like this:

-Ryan Getzlaf
-Andrew Ladd
-Darryl Mosculak
-Konstantin Pushkarev
-Brett Carson
-Darryl Yacboski

I'm fairly sure that Mosculak and Yacboski will be back.

Ladd and Getzlaf are as good as gone. I'm sure they'll both be pulled up by the big clubs to develop them more into NHL caliber players

Depending on what happens with the Flames' AHL deal with Omaha; Carson could go right to the AHL in Lowell.

I don't know what the Kings have in mind for Pushkarev, but after seeing what he's been able to do and how he's been able to adjust to the North American ice, they could put him in Bakersfield or Reading in the ECHL.

tazndevil
03-11-2005, 01:34 PM
With no NHL next year, Ladd will be back because he has no contract.k.
Getzlaf has a contract with the Ducks (thank God) so he's gone.

Pushkarev could be back, but as a 20 yr old euro, I'd doubt it, since the Hitmen have nefer kept one. Ever.

Carson will be gone because of Yac.

You gotta believe Moskaluk will be back. Great in the room, great with the young kids.

Provided Yac doesn't sign an AHL contract next year, he's the captain.

My 3 20's next year are Yac, Ladd and Moskaluk.

However, if the NHL gets a contract (doubtful) we will for sure lose Ladd, and probably Yac.

Realistically, I don't see that happening.

Just my thoughts

Taz

Brandon Wheatkings
03-11-2005, 02:31 PM
There are many scenarios regarding our 20's for next season.Fehr has stated he won't play in a replacement player league,and Stone has yet to sign on with the Penguins.On the backend we will have Riley Day and Jon Webb as our 20's,and quite possibly Fehr and Stone.If them 2 were to return,look for Kelly to get rid of Webb.But the wheatkings roster for next season looks good with 21 possible returning players.WOW!Plus our backend is stacked with young talented rearguards.

Joe Hallenback
03-11-2005, 03:54 PM
If there is no NHL next season you can count on both Stone and Fehr being back. If there is then both will either be in the NHL or AHL. That will leave Day and Webb and I can see the Wheaties losing one because of the quantity of quality young D men they have.

Knuckle Chucker
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
I'll say Novak,Kozak and Schafer.But there could be a possibility that Colliton and Rejean return and if thats the case,it will be Rejean,Jeremy,and Schafer.I doubt they will keep Waker,and Erickson around.

I agree with your last 3 except Kozak instead of Schafer

Brad
03-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Assuming Belle turns pro and Stoner does not, I think Tri-City's...err...I mean Chilliwack's overagers next season will be:

Clayton Stoner, D-man
Matt Schneider, Forward
Ian McDonald, Center