PDA

View Full Version : Broncos ready to hit the ice

Scout
08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Courtesy The Southwest Booster

Last updated at 9:53 AM on 17/08/07

Broncos ready to hit ice
The off-season officially comes to an end for the Swift Current Broncos and most other Western Hockey League teams next week.

WHL Training Camps open around the league on Wednesday with the first day of on-ice workouts beginning Thursday.

The Broncos will be combining their Rookie and Main camps into one large camp, to be held at Fairview West, beginning with player registration on Wednesday afternoon. The club hits the ice for practices on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings, followed by scrimmages in the late afternoon/early evening on each of those days. On Sunday, scrimmages begin at 10 a.m. and will run most of the afternoon.

Training Camp concludes on Tuesday, August 28th, with the annual Black/White intrasquad game at 7 p.m. at Fairview West. The club will then get down in numbers in preparation for the beginning of the exhibition season on the Labour Day weekend.

First pre-season action for the Broncos will be at the Edmonton Oil Kings' exhibition tournament beginning Saturday, September 1st.

Due to renovations at the Centennial Civic Centre, the Broncos will be playing all of their pre-season games on the road in September. First home action for the club will be Friday, October 12th when the club entertains the Oil Kings at the Civic Centre.

In total, the club is expecting about 80 players to attend Training Camp including returnees from last year's team.

CrazyGeorge
08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
I like the idea of having rookie and main camp together. Rookies will know right off the bat what they'll need to do in order to get a roster spot. I hope there will be updates throughout training camp regarding roster moves, reassignments, releases or even trades. This Broncos forum is a daily site for me especailly now getting closer and closer to training camp. Lots of battles at various positions. Looking forward to seeing Wudrik, Nelson, Bortis, Wiese and Smith to lead the way at forward for potential rookies like Eakin, Hoban, and Dowling. Any news or rumor mill material, I hope to hear!! LETS GO BRONCOS!!