PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Coaching

Rebel Helper
08-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Just curious, does anyone have any information on what type of a coach Brian Sutter is? Will this season be a grind or will we be free wheeling and fiesty?

Can't wait for camp to get started..... It's been to long! nhl3

SectionNDeserter
08-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Just curious, does anyone have any information on what type of a coach Brian Sutter is? Will this season be a grind or will we be free wheeling and fiesty?
He is a Jack Adams trophy winner, that is all that I need to know :D I can't really say for sure what sort of style he employs, but as his first foray into coaching junior players, it is sure to somewhat differ from how he has coached in the past.

Rebel Helper
08-19-2007, 06:16 PM
One of the staffers has said that it should be a little more entertaining than typical Sutter hockey...... guess we will see later this week!

His Bentley style was fairly entertaining!

RDRebelsfan
08-19-2007, 11:02 PM
after watching him for a whole year in Bentley he expects hard work from all his players. Just like Brent. The styles are similar, maybe not the tactics so much. IE: having the players write "work" on the tape of their sticks, but he expects much the same. The Rebels are in good hands.

3rebels
08-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I guess I am wondering if he is coaching the team as a favour to Bent or because he really wants to !!
Is his heart really in in ??? nhl3

FreddieFender
08-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't think its one or the other. Its both. If Brian was not prepared to make a 100% committment to the Red Deer Rebels, he would have said no thanks to Brent. Why? Because Brian has pride in his own resume. That's the way the Sutters are.