PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna advertising space

rinkrat
03-10-2005, 02:30 PM
It doesn't seem as if the rockets are utilizing the advertising space at the rink sufficiently.Couldn't they squeeze a few more ads onto the ice? I'm sure it would increase the fans enjoyment,especially all of the "purists" in Kelowna.Personally,I especially like to watch the replays at the rink.It really helps,because sometimes I might miss a play while standing for half a period in the concession lineup.

Teaps
03-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Well, personally, I think the Ice surface is enough of a bloody billboard as is. No more ADS! Soon we'll have ads on the players damn equipment and jerseys like the European leagues...NO MORE ADS!!!!!

mccabe23
03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I agree that the ads are annoying for the fans but they pay the bills so there is nothing we can do about that. Personally, when I'm at the game and see the Sun-Rype logo, it never makes me rush out to buy some apple juice!

As for the concession lineups, I've never had a problem. I find that 15 minutes is more than enough time to get something. The bathrooms however are the real problem! Ever try to take a piss at a Rockets game? BRUTAL! Lineup is out the freakin door and the paper towels always run out by second period intermission. :mad:

kelownakarl
03-10-2005, 02:46 PM
I am thinking maybe they can squeeze a couple more in the crease..... change the crease colours into one big advertisement. good $$$$ in that....

rinkrat
03-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Quote from McCabe
"I agree that the ads are annoying for the fans but they pay the bills so there is nothing we can do about that."
I guess not all teams are as expensive to run,as they don't have the good fortune to see all the nice colorful ads,on the ice!

mccabe23
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I could be wrong but I think it's the Prospera(RG Properties) owners that sell the ad space and not the Rockets. Either way, yes, it's annoying but you learn to phase it out and watch the game.

Jovorock
03-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I could be wrong but I think it's the Prospera(RG Properties) owners that sell the ad space and not the Rockets. Either way, yes, it's annoying but you learn to phase it out and watch the game.
RG gets most of the advertising around the building, I think the Rockets get the advertising on the boards, I could be wrong? My company pays every October directly to the Rockets.