PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Schedule vs the overrated Blades...

Triton
03-10-2005, 02:41 PM
When the Brandon Wheat Kings defeated the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 last night, the Wheat Kings clinched the WHL East Division championship. As a result, the 2nd place Saskatoon Blades will match up with the 3rd place Prince Albert Raiders in the best of seven opening round playoff series beginning March 23rd.

This is the first time that the North Central Saskatchewan rivals have met in the opening round of the WHL post season. They have played each other 4 previous times, all in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds. In their latest post season series, during the 1994-95 campaign, the Raiders eliminated the Blades in 4 straight games in the 2nd round. In 1991-92, they met in the third round with the Blades prevailing 4-2 in games. During the mid 80’s the teams squared off in back to back seasons – in 1986-87 the Blades swept the Raiders in 4 games in the 2nd round after the Raiders defeated the Blades 3-0 (best of 5) in the 1985-86 2nd round.

The 2004-05 match up will see the series alternate cities for games:

Saskatoon Blades vs. Prince Albert Raiders
Game #1 – Wednesday, March 23rd – at Saskatoon – 7:00 PM
Game #2 – Saturday, March 26th – at Prince Albert – 7:30 PM
Game #3 – Monday, March 28th – at Saskatoon – 7:00 PM
Game #4 – Wednesday, March 30th – at Prince Albert – 7:30 PM
*Game #5 – Friday, April 1st – at Saskatoon – 7:00 PM
*Game #6 – Saturday, April 2nd – at Prince Albert – 7:30 PM
*Game #7 – Tuesday, April 5th – at Saskatoon – 7:00 PM

Billy Blade
03-10-2005, 03:03 PM
The Blades may very well be overrated by those outside of Saskatoon, but even with their late season slide they are still sitting 13 games above .500 while the Raiders are two games below and have allowed more goals than they've scored. Build yourself up however you can! :thumb:

;)

Triton
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
If your so confident in your team how bout a little friendly wager?And no I'am not building myself up.This will be a rough series and I'am not saying on the ice...in the stands.This could get ugly,and funny in a hurry,but so is Evan Haw's playing ability...funny and ugly.Right Furback.

Furback
03-10-2005, 04:43 PM
canadian you picked this fight you are on your own but billy regular season does not meen much if you dont win a round or two in the playoffs im happy that stoon improved so much but they are ripe for the picking just like i said.

Knuckle Chucker
03-10-2005, 06:07 PM
canadian you picked this fight you are on your own but billy regular season does not meen much if you dont win a round or two in the playoffs im happy that stoon improved so much but they are ripe for the picking just like i said.

Wow we finally agree on something :thumb:

Lefty
03-11-2005, 07:44 AM
what do the blades have going for them right now? there goaltending isnt good ,defence is bad ,and no keller or settigucci.and they cant win a game(but they did break up a loosing streak against regina)with a tie.

Setoguchi is already back from his injury and Keller is day-to-day. Both should be ready for Game 1 vs the Raiders, possibly earlier. Won't deny that the goaltending and defense has been suspect as of late though. I don't think anyone can say their team is that much better than the other though.

Lefty
03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
FINALLY A BLADE FAN WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.YOU ARE THE MOST INTELIGANT BLADES FAN I HAVE LISTENED TO YET.THANK YOU

Sarcasm?

Or is it cause I admitted that the Blades weren't awesome in every category?
I won't deny that the Blades have slumped lately, cause they have. However, I think if they can put things together they can beat the Raiders. If they continue their play as of late though, I can see the Raiders beating the Blades in a hard fought series.
I don't mind predictions of the Raiders winning, but what I find irritating is when someone comes around (Blades fans included) and starts hyping their team and saying how godly they are and how much the other team sucks. For example, the Blades aren't overrated by the majority of people. It's just a few select fans that are overly emotional about their team who believe they are head and shoulders above the rest. Every team has those fans though.

Regardless, I look forward to the series against Prince Albert. May the best team win. Regardless of the outcome, I am still proud of the Blades. They went from a 7 win season to a 35 win season, which is impressive no matter how you look at it.

Furback
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Thats what i say Blades have made huge strides I would be proud to be a blades fan if i was one. I just feel bad that they will lose in the first round oh well at least they improved.

Lefty
03-12-2005, 02:36 AM
they will lose in the first round

That is the only objection I have with anything you say.
Unless you are the second coming of Nostradamus you cannot say the Blades will lose. You can think they will lose or make predictions that they will lose... but to say they will is incorrect.
Look at it this way... according to Hitler, those who were Jewish were bad people. Does that mean they were? It was his opinion, it wasn't a fact. Rephrase what you said as a prediction (your opinion) and nobody will have any problem with anything you say.

Furback
03-12-2005, 04:51 PM
ok Lefty you can say its my opinion tell it happpens then it will be fact.

Billy Blade
03-12-2005, 04:56 PM
If your so confident in your team how bout a little friendly wager?And no I'am not building myself up.This will be a rough series and I'am not saying on the ice...in the stands.This could get ugly,and funny in a hurry,but so is Evan Haw's playing ability...funny and ugly.Right Furback.

Come on you guys, give me a little credit. Show me a thread where I said the Blades were world beaters and are a solid all-around team. That's right, there isn't one! :p

Of course the Blades are ripe for the picking right now. They will be mostly healthy for the start of the playoffs and the only thing that has been somewhat decent over the last few games has been the play of Ryan Cyr. After his vote of confidence from the coaching staff he received he has played very well and has been consistent. The only goal that got behind him last night by the Tigers was by no means his fault.

As far as Haw goes, why are you picking on him? Sadly he's been one of our better defenseman as of late. :( That in itself says a lot. It's crazy that we have to play the last two meaningless games against each other before the real dance. Should just be made into a best of nine. :D

I'm not going to lose any sleep if the Raiders beat the Blades, but of course I will be much happier should the opposite happen! I believe it will come down to goaltending and we'll just sit back, enjoy the ride, and see what happens.

Furback
03-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Do you have indoor plumbing Billy?

Billy Blade
03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Do you have indoor plumbing Billy?

Of course I do, we even have actual doors on our houses instead of strings of beads. That question would be better posed to you. Or perhaps it's because you'd like to come for a visit one day and see what it's like to have it. ;)

Now let's get back to hockey talk.

Furback
03-13-2005, 11:58 PM
not that indoor plumbing billy

Billy Blade
03-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Touchι... :spineyes: