PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Camp opens on Friday

Warrior Fan
08-22-2007, 01:01 PM
This is going to be a very skilled and competitive camp. I have no idea how many kids are attending but with all the vets and new additions it is going to be very very good to watch
The forward depth is incredible.
Holzapfel Calla Knackstedt Reese Bast Delorande Nyren Reige Prokop Grecica Sommers Grantham Voytechek Maylan Bougeois Karpov Filo Hull are all forwards that will be looking to make the team this season. You also have Atkinson, Howden, Gasper, Weal to keep any eye on at camp even though they are likely a year away.
Our goaltending is going to be competitive but we lack that true high end guy that can step up and challenge from the younger age groups. Perricone and Jory are going to be in a dogfight all camp to see who stays and who goes. Jebson is going to look to rebound after a tough start last season. Karambelas and Willow should look to improve upon last season as well, being a year older. Murray is a high end talent in net from Alaska but it looks as though he is heading to USNTDP. Good for him if it works out but sucks for us.
Defense could be a little thing but I have to wait until camp starts to make that decision. I think that our top 5 returnig are very very good and the ice time early on will benefit them and help them improve. I am interested to see if Erhardt worked on his defensive game to make him more useful this season. We all know he has a ton of offesive upside but we need to see him be more aggressive along the boads and in front of the net. Have to play with a little more intensity and more conisistently if he truely wants to be an elite dman in the whl. I believe he can do it. Smart kid with lots of heart and desire so I would suspect we will see a ton of improvement. Stanton is tough, tough, tough. Hamonic is a very good competitor and will be star back there as long as he keeps working. Suer is solid and stable. Won't make too many mistakes and plays sound in his own zone. Sutter is the eldest returning and he has all kinds of skills it is a question of how bad does he want it. Is he willing to put forthe the effort to improve. Smith should be the number 7 guy.
I wish I could see how the fitness testing goes. I want to see who comes back in shape or out of shape.
Anyway, it looks like a good camp and what could be a great season.
One more dman would be nice on the backend. I would like to add a 19 or 20 year old if the price is right and no Hengen's. Maybe a Hanson though as he was a great addition to the team a couple years back. A guy like that would be a perfect fit indeed.