PDA

View Full Version : Yeomans/Westblom

mccabe23
03-10-2005, 02:51 PM
What do you guys think will happen next year with these two goalies? It would be nice to have them both but they both deserve a number 1 spot in this league. I'd hate Westblom to turn into a Josh Lepp by not getting enough icetime.

It's really a VERY difficult decision to be made. Do we keep Yeomans as he is proven or do we keep Westblom who is somewhat proven? Yeomans could play two more seasons while Westblom could play three. Getting rid of either goalie could burn us in the longrun if we had to face them in the playoffs or even in the regular season.

I don't envy Bruce Hamiltons decsion on this one next year. If we do unload one, we would get a quality player in return, that's for sure.

Teaps
03-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Hard to say.....When you have a situation like this, you usually would trade to get younger...but we have that youth in Westblom. So right now, we have a veteran goalie who is doing better than awesome, and a youngster goalie who also deserves a #1 goalie...I personally think Bruce should keep both of them and have Truitt find some way to have them both play a ton of games.....Because as it stands, we have great goaltending for the next 3 years. Why would you throw away 3 years of great goaltending away if u trade westblom and only have 2 years of proven goaltending........Hard decision I agree...

Jovorock
03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
If the Rockets were my team I would keep both of them for next year, as it will be a great team. That's only if the 18 yr Westblom doesn't have a problem backing up the 19 yr old Yeomans next year.

But maybe you might need a defenseman then you might have to trade one of them? Hard question to ask, when you don't know what is coming for future goaltending prospects?

kelownakarl
03-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I would keep both till at least November seeing as how next years team should be pretty loaded. Get a good 20 year old D-man early in the year if possible then wait till Nov or so to see where we need help and if so trade a tender to get what we need.

Sput
03-10-2005, 09:35 PM
If you keep them both, you will end up running into the situation that PG had a few years ago. We had 18yo Scott Meyers, and 17yo Kevin Swanson. One needed to be traded to be fair to the other. Our loss was definatly your gain. I can see the same thing happening down there.

Jovorock
03-11-2005, 07:15 AM
If you keep them both, you will end up running into the situation that PG had a few years ago. We had 18yo Scott Meyers, and 17yo Kevin Swanson.
Ya that is totally true, you have situations like Lepp was given the starting job but a rookie 19 yr old (Guard) took it from him. Lepp was traded and it left a opening for Yeomans.

Would Yeomans be the excellent goaltender this year if not for backing up Guard and having Dillibaugh's excellent coaching?

Probly not?