PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Slade

Brandonite
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Where is this guy going to whine and cry his way onto this season? He couldnt find a spot in ECHL last season, he basically screwed himself over last year by leaving Vancouver part way through. Hes a great goaltender but will never go far the way he continues to act unless I missed a signing by him already...

Bran
08-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Where is this guy going to whine and cry his way onto this season? He couldnt find a spot in ECHL last season, he basically screwed himself over last year by leaving Vancouver part way through. Hes a great goaltender but will never go far the way he continues to act unless I missed a signing by him already...
Haven't heard much from him since his teams playoff exit last year. I think his issues go beyond hockey. He needs to surround himself with good, strong people who won't allow him to blame others for his issues. If he can do that and stay in a stable environment, I think he'll be just fine. Look at his first year with the Giants. He excelled in that environment and he was doing well up until the point where he parted ways with the team (since he says they basically kicked him off and they say he walked away). Whatever happened at that point, who knows. I think he's got a lot of work to do and hockey isn't the biggest issue he's got right now. I'd be very surprised to see him playing anywhere other than CIS and even that may not be likely...especially not this late in the summer.