PDA

View Full Version : Corey Courchene

Brandonite
08-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Any in put on this guy on his short stay last season with the Chiefs? He signed on in the CHL with Laredo, I think he deserved to finish his career off in the Dub but ended up going on a great tear with Dauphin in the MJHL to finish things off

HomerSimpson
08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
I thought he was a talented enough guy; the problem I think was that the team was expecting an offensive defenseman, and Courchene was much better suited as a forward. Also, I think they were disapointed in his leadership skills, hence letting him go. As a 19 year old, he would have for sure been here all year, but I don't think he was as high quality an overager as they hoped for.

Brandonite
09-12-2007, 05:20 AM
It will be interesting to see how he does in the Central Hockey League and see if he can work his way up. He'll be playing with Tyler Harder who he also was teammates with in Brandon with the Wheat Kings and in Dauphin with the Kings.

cranky
10-10-2007, 05:35 PM
only problem he had was his watch didn't keep very good time...............

brawler21
10-10-2007, 06:52 PM
ol "cantcatchaplane courchene" is a great guy.....great friend, an a good hockey player!! If he put more effort into his skills he could be great!!!!! He just likes enjoying other aspects of life growing up and hasnt made hockey his #1 priority yet.....i could be wrong....just my opinion. Always wishing coco well .....he could have a great future in hockey if he gives it his all.

Brandonite
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
ol "cantcatchaplane courchene" is a great guy.....great friend, an a good hockey player!! If he put more effort into his skills he could be great!!!!! He just likes enjoying other aspects of life growing up and hasnt made hockey his #1 priority yet.....i could be wrong....just my opinion. Always wishing coco well .....he could have a great future in hockey if he gives it his all.

I agree, Corey had all the talent in the world if he used it all the time! I know his time in Brandon, he was more concerned about partying and having a good time and living the Junior hockey life but I think he really could have gone much further than the Central Hockey League but he could work his way up and I hope he does.