PDA

View Full Version : Captains?

Bran
08-23-2007, 12:50 AM
What do you guys think? Craig Schira is the only returning player who's worn a letter in the past (on this team, anyway). It's hard to think of a guy on this team who doesn't deserve a letter in some way. I'd go with Pyett, Schira, Stoesz if he's back...maybe Teubert? He's young but I think he could handle it! What about Ofukany or Leffler? I could just throw some more names out there to generate discussion...

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-23-2007, 03:07 AM
C: Ofukany
A: Stoez
A: Leffler
A: Pyett

If Stoez doesnt come back, then Schira should get a letter.

Stoez has good leadership qualities, and will stand up for players, and Leffler could possibly be the pats future captain. Pyett mostly leads by example, but might also be a good mentor for the younger defencemen on the team.

And I think Ofukany should be the captain, because of his playoff experience, and what appear to be good leadership qualities. He will also sacrifice the body, hit hard, and score goals, which is kind of important in the game of hockey, at least from my perspective. :thumb:

witness
08-23-2007, 08:52 AM
I agree with Ofukany for Captain. Schira is a given for an 'A'. He is a leader and works hard. Leffler is a good choice. A young guy that puts team in front of himself. He plays a very unselfish game and the players should respect that. Pyett is a little different. The captains have to set the example on and OFF the ice. I hope that Pyett has grown up a little and I think he deserves the chance to be an 'A'.

hobster
08-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Give teubert a A i remember this guy 2 years ago when the pats played the blades in the playoffs. He was 15 at the time and was one of there better d-men that series, got to play do to some injuries on the pats back end and did not look out of place at all. He showed he wanted to win at that age, he has my respect and some players show there leadership on the ice, why not give this kid the assistant.

witness
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Potential future leader on the Pats? Absolutely.
With this being his draft year, I think that Tuebert will have enough pressure on him. He is a pretty quite and unassuming guy. And he is only 17, I say let him grow a bit.

nivek_wahs
08-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I've been pondering the captain question for a while now and haven't come up with a "for sure" captain. There are lots of guys from fans' perspectives that could be considered as captain material. To quote witness "captains have to set the example on and OFF the ice." That makes it an easier decision for the coaches/players to make. Time will tell.

CrazyGeorge
08-25-2007, 03:15 PM
C - Ofukany
A - Stoez
A - Pyett
A - Shira / MacAngus

Brandonite
08-26-2007, 10:31 AM
One of the comments made above were about Logan Pyetts attitude and how he needs to grow up! I follow the WHL as much as I can and never heard nothing about that! Whats with that? Is he a trouble maker on the team?

dsquared
08-26-2007, 12:51 PM
C Schira
A Ofukany
A Pyett
A Leffler

witness
08-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Pyett doesn't have a bad attitude. He has made some choices in the past that may not be the best representation of the club and his team mates. The past is the past, and I am sure that Logan is ready to step up to make a contribution to the leadership group. It is all part of the maturation of teenagers.

patsfan33
08-28-2007, 07:56 PM
well i doubt Stoez will be getting any letters

Roddy's blog states:

Don't count on having Myles Stoesz around for a 20-year old season with the Regina Pats.

The Steinbach, MB product will be with the Atlanta Thrashers organization this season, and leaves for ATL camp September 5.

Get this: he got a $25,000 signing bonus with the Thrashers and bought a $28,000 Lincoln Zephyr. Financial planning 101.