PDA

View Full Version : Camp

tiny
08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
As I was only there for the morning sessions, I would be very interested in what people saw in the main camp game. In the rookie camp, I enjoyed seeing Ferrero playing with some skaters he knew. They looked very good together. I thought Weller and Perault looked the best of the the D men. Redmond looked like a great choice.

Notes:
didn't see Ross (trouble getting release from Q ???)
Walsh ( the tender from the US last year's camp) was not here
Morrin looks bigger
Reimer is lighter and quicker
Polak didn't look out of place in drills
Very young back end ( team for that matter)
Fuller looked like a man among boys (matuity wise)
Stebner left early during drills ( I think it was him)
Not as many spectators as most years.

Hopefully I can see more tomorrow.

RebelsFan
08-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Was no one at camp or Black and White game? It isn't like this group to not have opinions if you were there. We are for sure lacking size. We have some fast forwards but most are small. We have some good puck moving d-men but all are small. We are going to have a small young team. I don't think Fuller sticks as he didn't seem to do much all weekend. I enjoyed watching Redmond and will enjoy watching him play full time nxt year. I though for 91's that McKenzie, Chernoff, Ferraro and Maxwell looked good. Weller struggled and will need another year in midget. Local boy Fraser looked real good while Archer struggled at times on D. Could be because he had a young partner but he got burned a number of times. I sure hope Watt and Sutter return!

tiny
08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
The advocate listed the following:
G Reimer (88), Gingras (89), Clark (90), Rolheiser (89) I thought Gingras and Rolheiser had better camps until the B W game. Maybe Clark saved his place with the game. Reimer looks trim (fit) and quicker. May be his year to shine.

D Egener (88), Jackson (89), Morin (89), Suderman (89), Kot (90), Archer (90), Scarborough (90), Perrault (91), Weller (91) and Stebner (90) who may be out for a while with mono. I was quite impressed with Jackson and Perrault.

F Fuller (87), Wray (88), Doucet (88), Draper (89), Betts(89), Mappin (90), Fraser (90), Polak (90), Krgovich (90), Edwards (90), Coetzee (90), Bruyer (91), Cowen (91), Ferrero (91), and Remond (92). We also have Brandon Sutter away at the "Super Series", Starkov, Brett Sutter and Watt at NHL camps. Hopefully we can get two of them back. I was impressed with Mappin (strong, lots of hustle...but must control his emotions), Polak with do Ok (if he develops a little grit), Krgovich impressed in the B W game, Bruyer showed several time in the B W game, Cowan and Ferrero are impressive and click when out together, Redmond will be a force if he continues to develop and keeps his head on straight.

Good atmosphere and got better as camp went on.

RDRebelsfan
08-27-2007, 05:42 PM
i know it's based on just one game, but I hope Fuller isn't one of our 20's. I wasn't impressed with him at all yesterday.

SectionNDeserter
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
i know it's based on just one game, but I hope Fuller isn't one of our 20's. I wasn't impressed with him at all yesterday.I have observed 15 of the 16 Black and White games, and I think that was the first time I have ever seen a player just floating in one of them! If you are going to float in a game, that is probably not the one to do it in.

I was really impressed with Dallas Jackson, he was pretty mobile, and positionally sound, and jumped in off the point a few times. He scored the clutch game tying goal as well. His defensive partner Petrovic looked good too, and appeared to be at least 6'3 (which is pretty big for a '92).

I was quite impressed with Willie Coetzee from Team White. He did good on faceoffs, potted a goal, and must have had a half dozen or more takeaways in the game. A few others had good outings too. Redmond seems to already be quite rugged and filled out for a '92, and I was impressed by how defensively sound Ferraro was, in addition to a few nice crisp passes he made.

Our lone Import player was tremendous defensively, and probably the best player out there in this category. He was all over his defensive assignments from the second they crossed the line, and threw a few solid hits. He had a couple scoring chances, but I don't think this is a huge part of his game yet. However being that defensively responsible is a good step towards being able to develop the offensive part of his game.

Rolheiser looked ok but not spectacular (he didn't get a ton of shots though), and Morgan Clark brought his 'A' game in this one, stopping barrage after barrage of difficult shots (and gloving a number of them) as team black applied the pressure to try to tie it.

RDRebelsfan
08-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I have observed 15 of the 16 Black and White games, and I think that was the first time I have ever seen a player just floating in one of them! If you are going to float in a game, that is probably not the one to do it in.

I was really impressed with Dallas Jackson, he was pretty mobile, and positionally sound, and jumped in off the point a few times. He scored the clutch game tying goal as well. His defensive partner Petrovic looked good too, and appeared to be at least 6'3 (which is pretty big for a '92).

I was quite impressed with Willie Coetzee from Team White. He did good on faceoffs, potted a goal, and must have had a half dozen or more takeaways in the game. A few others had good outings too. Redmond seems to already be quite rugged and filled out for a '92, and I was impressed by how defensively sound Ferraro was, in addition to a few nice crisp passes he made.

Our lone Import player was tremendous defensively, and probably the best player out there in this category. He was all over his defensive assignments from the second they crossed the line, and threw a few solid hits. He had a couple scoring chances, but I don't think this is a huge part of his game yet. However being that defensively responsible is a good step towards being able to develop the offensive part of his game.

Rolheiser looked ok but not spectacular (he didn't get a ton of shots though), and Morgan Clark brought his 'A' game in this one, stopping barrage after barrage of difficult shots (and gloving a number of them) as team black applied the pressure to try to tie it.

I'm liking what I saw in Jackson and sure hopes he sticks around, I do think he could do well in the league. It's no doubt Clark will return along with Reimer. Hopefully the 3 20's we all want, Watt, Starkov and Sutter Are ALL back, if not then I'd rather just take 2 20s for the time being than to have Fuller hogging a spot that could go to a younger player in their help for development

RebelsFan
08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
I would have to say the guy that impressed me the most out there was Brian Sutter. He is very different from Brent and will be exactly what this YOUNG team needs. He seemed to be more of a teacher than a drill instructor. I even saw him joking and talking with the young players which is a change from the Brent of the last few years. I am a Brent Sutter fan but it looks as though Brian will be a nice change. I didn't see him stop practice once to yell at the players. I realize that at times this is needed but it was a nice change to watch. Even Dallas and Jesse seem more relaxed.

frontrow fan
08-29-2007, 07:47 AM
i saw Stebner on the concourse during the ice sessions and he was saying that he was allowed to skate, but wasn't allowed to have any body contact as he still has an enlarged spleen from the mono, and doctors told him he needed at least another week, to get over that before he could really get into a practise situation...
I agree with the Dallas Jackson comments, looked good to me too...as did Doucet..hope he can bring lots of hustle to every game...cuz we gunna need it!! nhl