PDA

View Full Version : Schenn is coming!!!!!!!

Triton
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Brandon, Manitoba – Brandon Wheat Kings’ general manager and head coach Kelly McCrimmon is pleased to announce the signing of highly touted 16-year old center Brayden Schenn to a Western Hockey League contract.

The Wheat Kings’ first pick and ninth overall selection in the 2006 WHL bantam draft, the Saskatoon product becomes the second first round pick to be signed by Brandon this month. In early August, the Wheat Kings landed Abbotsford, B.C.’s Brandon Regier, the club’s first pick in this year’s bantam draft.

Schenn, who is regarded as one of the premier 16-year old forwards in western Canada, finished tied for fourth in scoring last season in the Saskatchewan AAA Midget Hockey League, as a member of the Saskatoon Contacts. As well, he participated for Team Saskatchewan as a 15-year old at the Canada Winter Games.

In 41 regular season games, the 5’11” 190 lb Schenn had 27 goals and 70 points. In three playoff games, he scored four times and had seven points.

“This is great news for our organization,” says McCrimmon. “We're excited to add Brayden to our team. He’s a top young player with a very bright future. Together with Scott Glennie we feel we have two of the premier players in this age group.”

Brandon’s second pick (29th overall) in the 2006 bantam draft, Glennie led the Winnipeg Wild in scoring this past season, finishing eighth in the Manitoba AAA Midget League with 31 goals and 68 points in 38 games.

Schenn will arrive in Brandon early next week, in preparation for the club’s 2007 Training Camp. Following Rookie registrations on Tuesday, scrimmages will begin on Wednesday with the 5-day camp scheduled to end on Sunday, September 2nd with the Wheat Kings’ annual Intrasquad game at Westman Place.

WHEATMAN
08-23-2007, 09:25 PM
This is amazing news!!!, awesome job by Kelly to get the kid signed, esspecially considering he said there was basically no chance he would play here this year. Triton, I look forward to seeing the clip of you eating your underwear! :clap: :thumb:

Joe Hallenback
08-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Good news Indeed. Looking forward to seeing him play

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-24-2007, 04:13 PM
haha

Five Hole
08-24-2007, 05:12 PM
:laugh: :laugh: haha :laugh: :laugh:
Now,that guy in the picture looks like he wears the same shorts for a couple weeks or so
.... good thing he only tried eatin' the front of 'em.....
eeeeeuwwwwww
that's nasty.... :laugh:

surely everybody on this board can at least agree to let Triton eat a freshly washed pair!! :D

Triton
08-24-2007, 05:17 PM
:laugh: :laugh: haha :laugh: :laugh:
Now,that guy in the picture looks like he wears the same shorts for a couple weeks or so
.... good thing he only tried eatin' the front of 'em.....
eeeeeuwwwwww
that's nasty.... :laugh:

surely everybody on this board can at least agree to let Triton eat a freshly washed pair!! :D

Can I eat a cookie in the shape of shorts?

Dwight Schrute
08-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Can I eat a cookie in the shape of shorts?
nopers you said underwear !
i wanna see it

hint hint (if i was you id buy an edible thong, its your only decent way out lol)