PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Rebels~

SLASH
03-10-2005, 05:21 PM
It's time we put some distance between us and Red Deer. Let's try and secure third place in an attempt to meet up with the Canes in the 1st round.
Tomorrow should be a great game!

Hitmen1
03-11-2005, 10:38 PM
:confused:

When the hell is this team going to figure things out? How many points have they thrown away this year by not being able to hold on to leads? Pogge was solid again, and kept the Hitmen in the game for the most part. Great to see over 18, 000 at the Dome tonight! Anyword on how many tix have been sold for Sunday?

RunTheGoalie
03-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Now, now Hitmen1, you have to give the Rebels credit here. The best Rebel by far was Alan Smith, and he absolutely DOMINATED tonight. I mean, if he can consistantly give the Rebels efforts like that, Red Deer is going to go far in these playoffs. He single handedly tied that game tonight.

:rolleyes:

I was staring right at Covington when Smith made that slashing call, and I still have no idea how he saw a penalty. But, you are right. Even given a referee with blinders on, Calgary still could have won that game, and quite frankly, still should have.

5 on 5, it was an even game. Slightly favoring the Hitmen in the first two periods, and slightly favoring a desperate Rebels team in the third. Our special teams let us down again. I swear Red Deer got half their shots on the powerplay, and if it wasnt for Pogge standing on his head all night long, we would have lost, and lost bad.

Gotta give the Rebels PP a nod tonight. They went out and embarrassed the Hitmen defense on those advantages, and it earned them both goals - even though the first was technically even strength.

It didnt help us that both O'malley (ankle) and Yacboski (wrist) were lost to us for the entire night within the first five minutes of the game.

We really, really, really need to work on our PK - especially if the referees are going to continue to make those cheap calls - but I was happy with the effort even strength.

ScottyWazz
03-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, story of the year; injuries and late lead losses. I tell you what, Yacboski either has a year long case of bad luck or he just likes injuring himself.

There were plenty of defencive lapses before the lead came a-tumbling down, but luckily Pogge kept them in the game for the most part.

For one thing, Andy Ladd is taking too many penalties. Sure, they were questionable calls, but when you lead the team in penalties, the zebras see that and will look extra long in your direction to make sure you don't as much touch someone else in a bad fashion.

All-in-all; they need to keep a friggin' lead or it's going to be another "one-and-done" in the playoffs.

Rebel66
03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Now, now Hitmen1, you have to give the Rebels credit here. The best Rebel by far was Alan Smith, and he absolutely DOMINATED tonight.

Smith has been our most consistent performer all season long. Forget Phaneuf, Fraser, or Wick, Smith is the man!

You all know that Sutter intimidates the refs right? Wait a sec, Sutter wasn't there tonight. What gives?

Seriously, pleased with the tie in the circumstances. Should have won though. Pogge was incredible at times and had some help from the iron on a few occasions too. Good trade for the Hitmen that one...