PDA

View Full Version : No Shows at COUGAR Camp?

WestLEAFfan
08-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Apparently, 3 players failed to report to camp. Anyone know who? Rumour is that the goaltender penciled in to back-up CYR was one of them. :confused:

Triton
08-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Apparently, 3 players failed to report to camp. Anyone know who? Rumour is that the goaltender penciled in to back-up CYR was one of them. :confused:

Marc Boulanger who played for the Red Deer Optimist Rebels last season that lost to the Mintos in the Telus Cup finals.

Sput
08-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Yes, goaltender Marc Boulanger was one prospect that didn't show up. Disappointing to as he was picked to be the backup this season. Looks like it will be Danyluk's job to lose now.

The other noteable no-show was Carson Gorolla, who is playing Midget AAA for Notre Dame again this season. Apparently he was concerned about holding his NCAA eligibility.

The third no-show is Taylor Stefishen, younger borther to former Cougar Adam Stefishen. He is still holding out for the hopes of an NCAA offer and so far is planning to stay in the BCHL.

Kenny Tanaka, a 16-year-old right-winger, will arrive for camp today (friday). The 2006 bantam pick, slight at five-foot-six and 155 pounds, is playing at the national rugby championship in Newfoundland.

Triton
08-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Gorolla only played 4 games in Midget AAA but it was for the Notre Dame Argos. He had 1 assist. He will be playing this season on a very and I mean very bad Argo's team. The Argo's are the left overs from the Notre Dame Hound camp.

WestLEAFfan
08-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Anything else worth noting happening at camp?

Coyote14
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Has anybody in Prince George attended any of this year's camp? I can find no information from the Cougars website or anywhere else on cuts and scrimmages. Thanks.

Sput
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I'll see if I can come up with a list of who is left at camp. Not making any promises tho.

Sput
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Can't find anything online, but if anyone wants, I could transcribe the list out of the Citizen. Apparently they didn't put it on the web page anywhere, just in the hard copy version.

Kassian
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
What happened to Kyle Klym?

Sput
09-19-2007, 04:05 AM
What happened to Kyle Klym?

As far as I know he was released and dropped off the PPL. I have not heard if any other team (WHL or and Tier2 team) has picked him up.

Rattlesnake
09-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Yes, goaltender Marc Boulanger was one prospect that didn't show up. Disappointing to as he was picked to be the backup this season.

I saw Boulanger play for the Olds Grizzlys last night in Carstairs against the Canmore Eagles, winning 4 - 2. Although he wasn't tested a lot, he did make some very fine saves. There were about 20 NCAA scouts in attendance and I'm sure they noticed. If the NCAA is his chosen route, he's definitely got a good start down that road. Sorry Cougar fans.

Kassian
09-19-2007, 12:29 PM
As far as I know he was released and dropped off the PPL. I have not heard if any other team (WHL or and Tier2 team) has picked him up.

Thanks for the update.