PDA

View Full Version : Hunt given invite to Canucks camp?

Bruins_Booster
08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I was talking with a former billet for Garet when he played for the Chiefs in Chilliwack and it was mentioned that he has been given a tryout with the Canucks. Has anyone else heard this?

langdak
08-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Yup

It was in the newspaper a couple of days ago, he turned down a camp offer from the Oilers and took the Canucks one.

Bruins_Booster
08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Yup

It was in the newspaper a couple of days ago, he turned down a camp offer from the Oilers and took the Canucks one.

OK, so it's just me living two days behind the times....d'oh! :)

langdak
08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
OK, so it's just me living two days behind the times....d'oh! :)

Not to worry, its friday and its the summer, i will cut you some slack :)

Here is a link to the article

http://www.network54.com/Forum/131949/message/1187794266/Vancouver+Province+article++%28On+the+Hunt+for+NHL +job%29

Knuckles Muldoon
08-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Now I love Garet's spirit as much as anyone, so I wish him well. But honestly, he's not the kind of guy I'd be inviting to a pro camp. He's going to want to get noticed, which means it will probably mean kamikaze hits one after another in scrimmages. Which will piss a lot of people off, especially if he injures someone with some reckless hit. He's not just going up against faceless players, he's going up against draft picks: Vancouver Canuck investments. He'd better bring a lot more to the table than just the hits.
But I'm pulling for him and hope he does very well.

rinkrat
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
He's going to want to get noticed, which means it will probably mean kamikaze hits one after another in scrimmages. Which will piss a lot of people off, especially if he injures someone with some reckless hit.

Ever watch Tiger Williams?
Obviously this isn't 1980,but there is a place for Tiger Williams/Stan Smyl types today.

dondo
08-26-2007, 01:59 PM
also the time of hulking behemoth in the NHL is getting short ... Garet might actually get a decent look. His conditioning is probably rivaling that of the NHL boys as well. Good luck Garet

Kassian
08-26-2007, 03:02 PM
The day a player like Garet Hunt doesn't at least get a try out with another NHL team is the day the NHL officially dies. Unfortunately if things don't change drastically in the future that day seems closer than it appears. :(

dondo
08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
agreed Kassian I see the NHL continuing to go the wrong route for the future of the game. The game I watch is the heart and soul game. The game they want is 82 x 30 of all-star games resembling the SEL crap hockey we were forced to watch during the lock-out. Its not the kind of hockey the real fans enjoy.

steamer1112
08-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I think that the NHL should be disbanded and that they should just start all over.

Kassian
08-26-2007, 06:28 PM
agreed Kassian I see the NHL continuing to go the wrong route for the future of the game. The game I watch is the heart and soul game. The game they want is 82 x 30 of all-star games resembling the SEL crap hockey we were forced to watch during the lock-out. Its not the kind of hockey the real fans enjoy.

Couldn't agree more. :clap: