PDA

View Full Version : Hallick gone..

Triton
08-24-2007, 08:19 PM
In related club news, Brandon general manager and head coach Kelly McCrimmon has announced that forward Matt Hallick will not be back with the team this season.

“There was a mutual agreement that Matt needed a change,” says McCrimmon. “Matt hasn't lived up to our expectations, or his own, and we felt a trade would be the best solution.”

Hallick, who had just one goal and 8 points in 50 games last season, will remain in Medicine Hat awaiting a trade and will not participate in Wheat Kings' training camp.

Brandonite
08-25-2007, 08:15 AM
I think this is a great move and one that really might finally say that Kelly is actually going to finally go with the true "younger" kids this season. Hallick has never performed up to a 2nd round expectations and both sides are aware of that so its the best move for Matt for sure! He needs a change to help his career because he wasnt going to accel with Brandon thats for sure and he will likely get pushed aside by some of these other young guys like King, Calvert, Schenn, Glennie etc. Its a good move and one I support because personally I was never impressed with Hallick, but then again he never got much of a chance maybe to prove himself but hopefully he goes where he can! Possibly his hometown Tigers?

sbtatter
08-25-2007, 08:30 AM
For whatever reason Hallick never fulfilled his potential here. I'm excited by this move though because it means another young guy gets a chance this season. So even though we'll struggle this year, for the 2 following seasons I think we'll be a strong team with this core group of Schenn, Glennie, King et al...

Triton
08-25-2007, 10:51 AM
For whatever reason Hallick never fulfilled his potential here. I'm excited by this move though because it means another young guy gets a chance this season. So even though we'll struggle this year, for the 2 following seasons I think we'll be a strong team with this core group of Schenn, Glennie, King et al...

You just said what Brandonite said, just in a shorter form. :spineyes:

sbtatter
08-25-2007, 09:55 PM
You just said what Brandonite said, just in a shorter form. :spineyes:
Hadn't even read what he wrote till you mentioned it, great minds think alike i suppose

Tigerfan96
09-21-2007, 11:02 PM
hallick played with brooks tonight getting one assist and a whole lot of penalties...hopefully with him playing it makes it easyer to get a trade

Brandonite
09-22-2007, 10:19 AM
hallick played with brooks tonight getting one assist and a whole lot of penalties...hopefully with him playing it makes it easyer to get a trade

Brooks...is that AJHL or something??

Douglas
09-22-2007, 04:36 PM
AJHL, yes is the Alberta Junior Hockey Leage. Brooks Bandits are about an hour west of Hallick's home town of Medicine Hat, as is also where Penner from PA ended up. for now anyhow. I think a change will do Hallick good, and should have been done sooner, as Hallick has never really been happy in Brandon for whatever reason, probably due to shortage of ice.

Brandonite
09-22-2007, 08:24 PM
AJHL, yes is the Alberta Junior Hockey Leage. Brooks Bandits are about an hour west of Hallick's home town of Medicine Hat, as is also where Penner from PA ended up. for now anyhow. I think a change will do Hallick good, and should have been done sooner, as Hallick has never really been happy in Brandon for whatever reason, probably due to shortage of ice.

I agree but Matt Hallick never earned his ice time! At the same time, McCrimmon has been known to not play alot of his younger players and let them develop at a young age! Guys like Robak, Green, Lockerby & Hallick never got much ice-time last year to ever get comfortable...Hallick showed flashes at times but was very inconsistent!! It will be a question as to whether or not anyone from the WHL takes him this season but I also would have never thought that Morgan MacLean would have cracked the Everett Silvertips lineup and he did that as a 19 year old rookie!! In order for Hallick to play in the Dub this year, he absolutely has to rip the Alberta Junior League up while he is there! He'll be packaged with one of the O'A's

WorkHorse
09-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Matt did not play tonite for Brooks.