PDA

View Full Version : Closing Time

charliehorse
03-10-2005, 05:42 PM
So only 2 more home games left, then our Broncos all go home for summer. This year was a bit of dissapointment, but on the bright side i think we will have an exciting team next season. What were your thoughts on the year?

Scout
03-11-2005, 09:13 AM
It was a year of major change, something we were not used to. We also had to rebuild, another thing we were not used to. If you look at last year team we ended up with alot of new faces this year. Gone was our toughness and our scorers. I found it hard after Christmas to get up for the games. I have full faith in Dean and i think, or hope he brings returns out tradition. He is working on attendance by making himself fully accessible in the community. He is also getting the alumni involved which we had not done is years past.

Dean is a motivator and expects his players to play all out every shift and won't allow any stars to run the team. His thoughts are that a fourth line player is just as valuable to the team as the superstar is. I like Dean and he loves big boys. His teams in Seattle were the most feared for toughness. He has his work cut out for him and it may take him a while, but he will bring pride back to this team and the fans.

We have some awesome talent up and coming. Bortis, Yonkman,Postma, etc. We got to see Smith get called up from The Legionaires and he looked good, real good. I believe the management is doing the right thing and is trying to put the pride and tradition of this team back on course. The city has stepped up by expanding, now it is up to the fans. We can't go on getting 1200 people to a game and expect to survive. I think the Bronco's faulter by not using the Legionaires more for placing players. Another major change will come with that and i think we will use them more. The Legionaires have been in the news alot latley and are in deep trouble with sponsorship. A business in the city will step up very shortley and will take over the role from the legion to sponsor the Legionaires. Should be announced in the next couple of weeks.

Scout

Tinner
03-11-2005, 08:16 PM
scout............i beleive that Claffey will be a sleeper of major proportions for u guys....watch for him.

Scout
03-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Trust me i'm well aware of Claffey and think he will be a diamond in the rough. With Claffey and Postma being defensive partners and both being drafted by the Bronco's, the transiton will be easier on both players. I'm excited to see how Claffey plays in the Dub.

Scout