PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Cup chances..

Triton
03-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Honestly,who has the best chance of advancing to the Memorial Cup?

kelownakarl
03-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I like the Rockets depth and their competitivness (sp?)... They have guys who know what it takes to get there. I am trying not to sound like a homer.... sorry.

fightstrap50
03-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I like the Rockets depth and their competitivness (sp?)... They have guys who know what it takes to get there. I am trying not to sound like a homer.... sorry.
thats exactly my probelm in answering this but i like how the ICE play as a complete team,and believe we probly have the depth through all four lines to do it, we have a lot of veteran leaders that know what its all about.Goal tending to take us there too. At least if the ICE cannot go all the way the Rockets could keep the Memorial Cup in the BC division again,just that would be sweet and bitter at the same time. GO ICE GO!!! :groovy:

kelownakarl
03-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I think a poll like this is better suited for non-playoff teams because everyone thinks their team has what it takes!

a7x
03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
So are the Winter Hawks just chop liver then? I think you named just about every team that will be in the playoffs except them.

RDRebelsfan
03-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Being Biased I voted for the Rebels.

I can make this assumption though, I can guarantee that the London Knights WILL NOT win the Memorial Cup.

thomasincanada
03-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Being Biased I voted for the Rebels.

I can make this assumption though, I can guarantee that the London Knights WILL NOT win the Memorial Cup.

Why is it you think that? Too much pressure on them?

I certainly consider myself a little biased, but I definately think they have the talent ( 4 guys who played in the world junior championship, for example ), and they have home ice advantage.

Anything is possible in the Cup but a "guarantee" that they won't win?

Tom

fightstrap50
03-10-2005, 10:50 PM
what difference does home ice advantage have from a team from the WHL with no home ice advantage visiting the host city, to say the London Knights, I just figgured id ask so its clarified for me, does the WHL team play more games?

thomasincanada
03-11-2005, 06:33 AM
what difference does home ice advantage have from a team from the WHL with no home ice advantage visiting the host city, to say the London Knights, I just figgured id ask so its clarified for me, does the WHL team play more games?

Nope, the only slight advantage schedule-wise is London doesn't have to play 2 games in a row (except perhaps in the finals & semi-finals). The real advantage of home ice is the 10,000 fans cheering for you and the comfort factor. The knights have only 1 loss at home this year and that was when they were missing their best players for the world juniors.

Tom

Jovorock
03-11-2005, 09:46 AM
what difference does home ice advantage have
I don't think home ice advantage for London is that big a thing. Whoever wins the WHL will win the Memorial Cup IMO. London wouldn't of had a 33 game win streak against the DUB.

thomasincanada
03-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't think home ice advantage for London is that big a thing. Whoever wins the WHL will win the Memorial Cup IMO. London wouldn't of had a 33 game win streak against the DUB.

Last year the WHL & OHL champions lost to the Q Champs, who then lost to the host team. I think anyone expecting the dub to cruise to the victory will be in for a surprise.

Anybodys game in the memorial cup IMO, all the teams will be very good.

Tom

dwvw
03-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Home ice advantage means you can set off fire alarms in visiting teams hotels and steal their equipment! :spineyes: :clap:

OHLArenaGuide
03-13-2005, 05:29 PM

They didn't have one against the O either. They had a 31-game unbeaten streak.