Brandl
Penner ?
Iron ?
Dobrowolski ?
Herrod ?
Small ?

Drop em' eh
08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
you have 4 20 year olds. and i cant see them bringing up iron . And malone is probably 10th on the depth charts for defence .imo.

that list is of players who could be on the team, obviously they are not all going to be on the team, and obviously there will be trades.

The questions are: who will be on the team? , and who will be traded?

:confused:

We need another goal scorer, possibly trade a 20 y.o. D-man and maybe Malone or Palazzo and or Ottman to get a proven 19 y.o. goal scorer, i know, easier said than done.

westbeach55
08-28-2007, 01:21 AM
I think with our depth on defence a trade is not out of the question whether it be losing a draft pick and a prospect or a veteran on the move to pick up a sniper hopefully clark can pull of something soon. really looking forward to seeing the team play wednesday

does anyone else think penner didn't look all that good during camp?

Dwight Schrute
08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
the thing is every team wants a 19 year old scorer. they are harder to come by, and most teams arent willing to trade them (cause they cant even compete without em.). id be all for packaging up flatters, ottman and someone to try and bring in some offense but.... what team wants to trade quality for quantity ?

WHL Crazy
08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
The matchup will feature 2 of the top 3 teams(Regina) in the very strong east division this year. The Warriors/Raiders are very loaded in all aspects this year but goaltending for both teams could be a question mark. The Blades/Broncos will battle for 4th/5th in the division followed by the weak Wheatkings.

wardog fan
08-28-2007, 01:09 PM
are you already talking matchups for the ex game? let me say that what you see in p.a this week will be all the warriors prospects, just so you know ... and if you want to say we have a question mark at goalie ask that question yourself to perricone who lead the team to the whl finals two years ago and out played at times three of the best goalies in the league that year. perricone was medicore last year on a medicore team and had alot on his mind with his best friend in a hositpal , from my personal impression on him this year he is out on a vengence and i want to say that i will be one of many to say he will be one of the elite goalies in the league this year

Triton
08-28-2007, 01:13 PM
weak Wheatkings.

Prefer rebuilding wheatkings. I've accepted it, so no sense reminding me about it pbj

wardog fan
08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
no whats funny is that p.a would have a good team? now thats funny. middle of the pack with swift and toon town

Triton
08-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah anywhere from 2nd, to 4th.

wardog fan
08-28-2007, 03:20 PM
4th sounds about right... i heard the mintos are the number one team in the city up there now.. good job

hobster
08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Raiders for 2nd or third haha with david aime look for them to be just above the wheaties by maybe 5 points for last place

wardog fan
08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
i agree ten fold. they may have experience on dfense but going to have to trade some of that away for forwards, not much skill to be a heavy contender in this division this year. im not saying the warriors are heavy favs either nor stand out but i would say they will be a 2 or 3 spot team if not a big challenge for the pats. i have a hard time believeing the pats are clear cut favs, they have no scoring but alot of grit and probbly the best dmen in the league as a core. rowat in my mind is still unproven. i give saskatoon a edge over p.a right now even swift as well.....

madman
08-28-2007, 04:08 PM
What are the chances of Dowhay being cut or traded?

Triton
08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
What are the chances of Dowhay being cut or traded?

Not sure if Dowhay is worthy of a 20 year old spot in terms of his game play.

madman
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I was just wondering about Dowhay. He played a bit with LaRonge in the SJ as a 18 yr old and he still has a good relationship with coach Beatty there. He would guarentee himself a tone of ice time if he decided to go play there. He still would be playing close to home.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
i agree ten fold. they may have experience on dfense but going to have to trade some of that away for forwards, not much skill to be a heavy contender in this division this year. im not saying the warriors are heavy favs either nor stand out but i would say they will be a 2 or 3 spot team if not a big challenge for the pats. i have a hard time believeing the pats are clear cut favs, they have no scoring but alot of grit and probbly the best dmen in the league as a core. rowat in my mind is still unproven. i give saskatoon a edge over p.a right now even swift as well.....

I think that if MJ can get any type of experienced D-men, they could be the favorite to take the division. As for the pats, we have some scoring. We arent the offensive powerhouse that you warriors are going to be, but if we pick up a number one center(or Ofukany steps up), we could have a dangerous top 6.

I agree that Rowat is unproven, but he is more inconsistant than unproven. Ive seen him take over games one night, and then make the game difficult to win over a weaker team the next.

He is the wildcard of the team. If Rowat can keep it together, it will be an interesting race for the pennant.

But PA related, they could make the division interesting. I see the Mcdonald trade coming back to bite the pats in the ass full force, and what they lack in depth, they make up in top line scoring, a big defence with some offensive skill(may), and underrated Goaltending. If everything goes to plan, they battle with the broncos for 3rd, with the blades having an outside chance to compete, with the wheaties in rebuilding mode. Of course the Pats and MJ arent that much ahead of the rest of the division, which will potentially make this one exciting season.

FELIX17
08-28-2007, 04:58 PM
There is so many unknowns this year for PA. A new coach with hopefully a different philosophy, a long jam at defence, uncertain goaltending, and an offense that could surprise in the end. I am excited to see what kind of team PA will have this year. McDonald has been flying in camp and hopefully he has a great year along with Robertson and Smith. Hopefully McDonald has a huge year and the trade does hurt Regina in the end.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
There is so many unknowns this year for PA. A new coach with hopefully a different philosophy, a long jam at defence, uncertain goaltending, and an offense that could surprise in the end. I am excited to see what kind of team PA will have this year. McDonald has been flying in camp and hopefully he has a great year along with Robertson and Smith. Hopefully McDonald has a huge year and the trade does hurt Regina in the end.

I hope elder scores 100 points :laugh:

wardog fan
08-28-2007, 05:11 PM
elder 100 pts?lol better keep hopeing on that one .

FELIX17
08-28-2007, 05:27 PM

Ha Ha!! I would love to see Elder score a 100! I hope Gross has a good year. Still wish he was a part of this team.

hockey24_7
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Not sure if Dowhay is worthy of a 20 year old spot in terms of his game play.

His game play is better than what was seen last year. He never got the opportunity to show what he had when all he got was penalty kill and a few other shifts. He has speed and is not scared to hit and get in the corners and was a great penalty killer and also great on the checking line. A lot of fans like his play and wished he had played a lot more last year. Maybe with new coaching he'll get the chance he should get.

westbeach55
08-28-2007, 07:23 PM

haha thats the funniest thing i've heard in a long time thanks for the laugh

Five Hole
08-28-2007, 07:41 PM

:laugh: yeah, makes me think of that old Tiger Williams line....something like

"If they want you to be a crusher,
and you try to become a rusher,
you'll end up becoming an usher"
:laugh:

hockeyfan123
08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I was wondering what you think the chances of Ashton Hewson and Jordan Trach making the team are? I hear they haven't looked the greatest in camp so far?

hockey24_7
08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I like Dowhay but he hasent had a good camp or stood out in any games, and I think for him to make the team he needs to play great or hope the raiders get a trade offer for one of the overage dmen
He had a better camp than Hewson and a few other vets from what I saw and heard. His passes were always on the tape and he had some goals and assists in the games. All he needs is some confidence back in his game (something that was taken away last year) and he could start putting the puck in the net like he used to. And from what I've heard about the coaches, they could be the ones to give him that confidence back.

westbeach55
08-29-2007, 12:41 AM
He had a better camp than Hewson and a few other vets from what I saw and heard. His passes were always on the tape and he had some goals and assists in the games. All he needs is some confidence back in his game (something that was taken away last year) and he could start putting the puck in the net like he used to. And from what I've heard about the coaches, they could be the ones to give him that confidence back.

First of all dowhay is 20 and you can only keep 3 overagers so you can't compare hewson and dowhay at all. 6 goals in your whole whl career (you can't really justify keeping him as a 20 year old). It simply comes down to his age if he was 19 yeah keep him but not as a 20 year old